Eagles.

racerx

Thanks doughty. The low quality gif above doesn't do the original high quality/high detail pictures justice. I've only started photographing Eagles for the past 3 weekends. I confess that I know very little about them. I don't even know if this is indeed a Golden Eagle or really a juvenile Bald Eagle. Maybe someone with real Eagle knowledge will set me straight. I have learned quite a bit about how to photograph them these days and am getting pretty good at it.

I also shot some very high quality/high detail HD video footage of them, including an entertaining dog fight between two eagles over a fish.

Plane_Sig2.gif

I only have backyard bird knowledge. Nothing as elegant as an Eagle has ever stopped by. :P

Had a Pileated Woodpecker pound on my trees the first few years I lived here. Fascinating bird in his own way.

Thanks for posting.

SloppySig.png

About to lock claws and circle down - love it! - great pictures!

In the UK (down in the south) we don't see golden eagles (wild bits of Scotland, if you're lucky. Hopefully the 'game keepers' have stopped poisoning them!).

Lately there has been an increase in Buzzards and Red Kites in the south - similar birds but The shape of the tail is different.

Where I used to live there was some 'army' ground where I would cycle. Unfortunatly I didn't take a camera with me, but watched a kestrel, only a few yards away, out from the edge of a small cliff, I was maybe 2 feet higher than the bird, it was just static in the air. Occasional raised feather just riding the prevailing (gusty) wind, body twitching and re-adjusting , head absolutely still!

No photo, great memory!

I now (recently) live near the coast and get hypnotised watching the (mostly Herring) gulls playing in the air. Cormerants and Shags here too! - still can't tell the difference.

Saw this from my garden (big zoom).:

FUrmVxE.png

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thanks Red.

Yeah, I guess the Adult Eagle was pissed that the youngster was using his fishing hole. This river is about 20 miles from my house, I usually spend a couple hours there kayaking and photographing etc...

I shot the video @ 1080 / 60p and slowed it down to 24 fps to make it more fluid. 

Edited by racerx

Plane_Sig2.gif

Golly - these pictures and the video are truly amazing.  Great photography Racerx :beer: .

I've just (together with hubby and cat) moved to Florida permanently and look what greeted us just days after arriving here.  Eeeek........................

th_Baby%20gator_zpschkmikhz.png

Edited by Pixey
  • Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Yes @Racerx, the Gators are kind of cool ............ they look like they are smiling, unlike the crocodiles we had in Africa.

@Red ....  No, no more commuting to the Isle of Man :D .

the only thing Le Chat is watching with glee is these:

th_little%20bird_zpsrsgrs2pr.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.