How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.0.6+ Updated Aug 16, 2017

BoltBait

Which blue button? There are two - Oh, the Download one :lol:

needs more arrows IMHO

• 3 weeks later...

I have PDN version 4.0.21, which download do I choose? There's only 3.5.11 or 4.0.6+.  I am getting error :  "Sorry, I can't paint.net in your registry under CurrentUser".  Help.  I am new to PDN.  Thanks.

57 minutes ago, Atam910 said:

4.0.6+.

This works with all the latest versions of paint.net.

• 1 month later...

Right now I'm having an issue where the horizontal seam carving is working just fine, but when I try to use the vertical carving the plugin crashes and throws this error:

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\SeamCarving.dll
      Name: SeamCarvingEffect.SeamCarvingEffectPlugin
      Version: 2.2.5815.34278
      Author: Copyright © 2015 BoltBait
      Copyright: Content aware resize
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at SeamCarvingEffect.SeamCarvingEffectPlugin.OnSetRenderInfo(PropertyBasedEffectConfigToken newToken, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.OnSetRenderInfo(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:line 70
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 227
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 418
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 374
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 320
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass42_5.<RunEffectImpl>b__5() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 1032

The log suggests memory corruption as a possible cause, so I ran memtest64 and it didn't pick up any errors. One thing that's interesting is the path: "D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\"- PDN is installed to C:\Program Files\Paint.net and I don't have a D:\ drive.

3 hours ago, zlelmefs@vomoto.com said:

Right now I'm having an issue where the horizontal seam carving is working just fine, but when I try to use the vertical carving the plugin crashes

Yeah, sorry. 

I've been super busy and haven't had time to fix the error.

Give me a few days and I'll see what I can do.

• 2 weeks later...

It only give me problem details: The error is that app has stopped working. Here is Problem Details:

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    gboltbaitpackinstall47.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    4.7.6565.29427
  Problem Signature 03:    5a3da166
  Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:    2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:    4ca2b889
  Problem Signature 07:    1113
  Problem Signature 08:    21
  Problem Signature 09:    System.ArgumentNullException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

3 hours ago, TheGDSuper said:

I had paint.net 4.0.12

Upgrade to the latest version of paint.net as a first step. Then tell us if the problem persists.

I have Paint.net 4.0.21, running on Windows Pro (64 bit) SP1 operating system. I  just installed your Plug In Pack  4.7.6565.29427. I followed your clear instructions, and installed all of the Plug ins. Everything seemed to go smoothly. And the Help screens seem very good.

I was really interested in your Effects->Fill plugins. I really like the option of being able to Fill from a File via Browsing. I find that much easier/quicker than the traditional Fill from Clipboard.

But I think there is a problem with both of these plugins. The Zoom feature is REVERSED! Look at the attachment. The top screen ('Fill from Clipboard') shows the image I filled placed in the left upper corner. The Zoom is set to 1.0.

Now look  at the  2nd screen. Here Zoom is set to 0.301. But the image is LARGER. In  the third screen, the Zoom is set to 2.775, and the image is smaller!

In the last screen I used 'Fill from File'. The same problem exists, as shown my having to set the Zoom to 0.374 to get a larger than standard image.

Would you please check and see if you can confirm this problem?

Thanks,

Harry

FillFromClipboard_ZoomProblemE.jpg

Edited by acbex
Tried to check 'Notify me of replies'. Can't do in Edit.

For me, Fill Factors would be even more confusing. In any case, a larger number should indicate more of the image, not less of it.

Does your copy work the same as I described?

Harry

• 2 months later...

Do you have a link with just the .dlls? My new windows 10 computer wont work with any of the plugin packs that use installers, but manually putting in the .dlls works just fine. I've included a screenshot of what happens, and when I click skip it just doesn't work.

Error.png

Edited by ZebraAmethyst

BoltBait's installer should work with either Classic or Store versions.

Did you see this tip from the first post??

On 7/21/2015 at 4:44 PM, BoltBait said:

Windows Store version of paint.net: When prompted, select the "My Documents\paint.net App Files\Effects" folder.

• 2 weeks later...

A HUGE thanks to BoltBaits for this fantastic Plug-in Pack - it has given me the ability to do something I have tried in vain to do for years with a multitude of apps/programs and that is to superimpose cropped images (mainly figures) onto a background image WITHOUT the accursed white halo around the cropped image - I think I'm onto my 5th wig with the amount of hair I've pulled out of my head in frustration over the years - but I no longer face that issue from today!!! #OhHappyDay

The Feather Tool is absolutely AMAZING, or rather the Old Feather Tool is AMAZING x2, nay, make that x20! I have searched everywhere and anywhere for a feather tool that would work exactly as I require it to work but have always been left with the faintest of halos that may as well have been neon lights in the edited and finalised image, for all the good the tools I have used have been.... But now I have crisp clean edges that look superb compared to how my images have previously ended up.

I loved working with paint.NET on my laptop prior to finding this outstanding resolution to my frustration but I now have a newer, warmer fuzzy feeling inside knowing that my angst has been quelled once and forever! #JoyOfJoys

Again, a mahoosive thank you to BoltBait for his superb pack. I now look forward to diving into the various options the pack has given me to work with, but even if I was never to use another of the plug-ins, the Feather/Old Feather tool working SOOOOO fantastically for me means I am forever a #HappyBunny  indeed!!! ??? ??? ???

Edited by alba1314

• 4 weeks later...

I'm new to paint but I'm really confused about installing the plugins.

I created the files manually but when I download and extract the files I get a single application file and not dll files.  What am I doing wrong?
I'm not used to windows 10 either so that might be part of my problem.