BoltBait

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.0.6+ Updated Aug 16, 2017

Paste Alpha got a new Zoom slider and a Placement control:

PasteAlpha.png

Fill From Clipboard and Fill From File got a "Tile image" methods. And, the [+] control now works as expected.

FillFromFileUI.png

Thanks goes out to MJW and midora for the mirroring code.

Enjoy.

Please give me feedback on the built-in help files. Too much? Not enough? Just right?

This is the first rev, so let me know!

PasteAlpha.png

FillFromFileUI.png

Just updated. I like the new help files. I think they will be a great help to anyone new to PDN. Not too complicated but still useful.

Nice work Boltbait. Thanks. ;)

help, transparency is not in my adjustments menu

Can you confirm that you have 'Transparency.dll' in your Effects folder, and that you are using paint.net v4.0.6?

I've installed SelectionTools.dll, and opening any of the selection plugins gives this error:

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\SelectionTools.dll
      Name: SelectionTools.FeatherSelectionEffectPlugin
      Version: 4.2.5691.30400
      Author: Copyright © 2015 BoltBait
      Copyright: Modify pixels along the selection edge
      Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.IndirectUI.WindowHelpContentType' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Core, Version=4.5.5454.39504, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at SelectionTools.FeatherSelectionEffectPlugin.OnCustomizeConfigUIWindowProperties(PropertyCollection props)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.PropertyBasedEffect.CreateConfigDialog() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\PropertyBasedEffect.cs:line 86
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 910

Windows 8.1, PDN 4.0.5

EDIT: Ah.... I've just realised what is probably the problem. PDN has decided not to update itself. I'l try that again...

Edited by eladkse

I've installed ... Windows 8.1, PDN 4.0.5

As noted in the thread title, this plugin pack requires PDN v4.0.6 or higher.

Update your paint.net and you'll be fine.

As noted in the thread title, this plugin pack requires PDN v4.0.6 or higher.

Update your paint.net and you'll be fine.

Yeah, per my edit, I assumed I was on the latest one, but the update checker hadn't alerted me to the new version for some reason.

Paste Alpha got a new Zoom slider and a Placement control:

Fill From Clipboard and Fill From File got a "Tile image" methods. And, the [+] control now works as expected.

Thanks goes out to MJW and midora for the mirroring code.

Enjoy.

Please give me feedback on the built-in help files. Too much? Not enough? Just right?

This is the first rev, so let me know!

First off, great pack! I just started with it today but it's looking nice so far. Second, I was wondering if the Fill plugin would allow a vertical or horizontal offset on rows of tiles (not the entire area) 

Examples:

Ne3JD.jpgYxqM1.jpg

I like to mess around with pixel art and if I could just paste an entire walls texture that would be awesome, but right now its always a pixel or two off because the rectangle selections don't overlap. (Oh and I remember you a few years ago from Scratch! It's a small Internet huh?)

The "INNER SHADOW" and "FEATHER" effects show up in my EFFECTS>OBJECTS directory...AND in my EFFECTS>SELECT directory. I'm not sure why. I have 3 identical feather icons in the "OBJECTS" sub directory and one in the "SELECTION" sub directory. Each have different names on the dll files and thanks to his very nice PLUNGINS DIRECTORY plugin I can better identify plugin issues.

and thank you for the really nice plugins.

The menus give you a hint on how these are different.

OBJECTS are pixels surrounded by transparency - like text on it's own transparent layer. Plugins in this menu require a transparent border to work their magic on the opaque bits and edges.

SELECTION plugins work on an active selection. You need to make a selection prior to running the plugin.

If you read the first post above you'll see that there are multiple versions of Feather; Feather, Old Feather and Feather Selection. Each works slightly differently.

I donated & download the pack but none of the effects ever showed up in Paint.net so I did the Detect Plugins Problems thing & it said they were all corrupt. ???

Any help gratefully appreciated.

I donated & download the pack but none of the effects ever showed up in Paint.net so I did the Detect Plugins Problems thing & it said they were all corrupt. ???

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Are you using v4.06?

Moved up from paint.net 3.0.xxx to 4.0.6 but the bat file doesn't work by default (installed to C: Program files (x86) by default) So I made an "Effects" folder in Paint.net directory and pasted all the plugins in there, but Paint.net doesn't recognize/utilize any of them =/

Strangely compared to Paint.net v3 vs v4, the newly installed v4 only has a "Staging" folder inside with a single installer.MSI, my prior v3 had Effects folder, among others, and some more files... is that normal?

Moved up from paint.net 3.0.xxx to 4.0.6 but the bat file doesn't work by default (installed to C: Program files (x86) by default) So I made an "Effects" folder in Paint.net directory and pasted all the plugins in there, but Paint.net doesn't recognize/utilize any of them =/

Strangely compared to Paint.net v3 vs v4, the newly installed v4 only has a "Staging" folder inside with a single installer.MSI, my prior v3 had Effects folder, among others, and some more files... is that normal?

That's not normal. You need to fix paint.net before running the plugin installer.

That's not normal. You need to fix paint.net before running the plugin installer.

Rebooting the computer made the files apply. My paint.net is STILL only a staging folder with a singular .msi exe. Weird.

I have a new computer with Windows 10.  I installed the 4.0.6 version correctly.  I cannot, however, get the Boltbait42 Plugin effects to install.  I tried the automatic install and also tried copying them and pasting them to Effects (all to no avail).  I still just keep getting the basics showing up.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  ?   (Paint.net is an awesome system... as I was using it on my old computer; I recently donated via PayPal.)

Did you "unblock" the dll's?

Did you install them to the proper directory?

Show us a copy of your effects folder window... the whole window.

Does the settings screen show any plugin load errors? :Settings: > Plugin Load Errors

I unblocked a couple of dll's, but most of them did not have that as needed thing to do.  I installed everything in the proper directory as far as I can determine.... C: Program Files>paint.net>Effects

(I don't know where the settings screen is.?)