BoltBait

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.0.6+ Updated Aug 16, 2017

Since there have been some problems with installing the palettes, could you do like an option in the error message to open a folder menuThing.png.2a46eb8dae33cf6900a2fbeea8649166.png 

in which you can then choose the correct path?

BTW, why is paint.net actually translating the folder paths?

2 hours ago, XLkill4r said:

BTW, why is paint.net actually translating the folder paths?

This will be fixed in a future version of paint.net.

2 hours ago, XLkill4r said:

could you do like an option in the error message to open a folder menu

That's a good idea. I'll do this.

Hi, long time listener, first time caller, made an account just to post this. The installer linked in the first post does indeed appear to be a trojan in several antiviruses. I ran this scan myself from the installer linked in this thread. I am reasonably confident that I don't otherwise have any malware issues that may have affected my download.

hMJcskw.png

Here's a link to the virustotal results.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dipstick said:

Yet another reason making an all-in-one installer is a very bad idea.

Before we had the all-in-one installer, we used to get dozens of posts per day asking how to install plugins. Now, we get near zero. We will never go back. 

• Upvote 2

On 18/12/2017 at 4:03 AM, SandyGunfox said:

Hi, long time listener, first time caller, made an account just to post this. The installer linked in the first post does indeed appear to be a trojan in several antiviruses. I ran this scan myself from the installer linked in this thread. I am reasonably confident that I don't otherwise have any malware issues that may have affected my download.

hMJcskw.png

Here's a link to the virustotal results.

I think you are 100 percent correct.

I tried downloading from BOLTBAIT's website: all to no avail.

** It is a virus.** Plain and simple.**

BE WARNED. Not a joke.

I used the latest Bitdefender and it scanned the downloaded file showing the above sort of result.

9 hours ago, marcozmitch said:

** It is a virus.** Plain and simple.**

It is not a virus. Plain and simple.

These scans are "false positives" and are designed to frighten you into buying their scanner software.  Don't be fooled.

The installer you can download here is completely safe.  :arrow-left: I know this is a FACT because I wrote the installer myself and I would NEVER include a virus or adware.

• Upvote 1

Is there any way to download individual plugins from your plugin pack, like Oil Painting+? I can't seem to find where, if it's possible.

My pc is bloody potato and last time I was up to about 20 plugins PDN start freezing and crashing all the time and I had to do a new install, so I'm nervous to download a pack of so many plugins. 

19 minutes ago, BobC said:

Is there any way to download individual plugins from your plugin pack, like Oil Painting+? I can't seem to find where, if it's possible.

My pc is bloody potato and last time I was up to about 20 plugins PDN start freezing and crashing all the time and I had to do a new install, so I'm nervous to download a pack of so many plugins. 

Just download my pack and run the installer.  Then, simply select the plugins you want and make sure all the plugins you don't want are unchecked.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, EliteEmperor said:

Is there away to use this without the exe

Why?

If the exe can’t find the standard install directory, it prompts you for the directory where you want to install the plugins. 

22 minutes ago, KaLoArts said:

Hey there, could u please post all those plugins in a Dll. zip pack since the installer isnt working on my system. Thanks

When you say the installer doesn't work on your system... please describe in detail any error messages you get or what is special about your system why the installer is not working for you.

16 hours ago, BoltBait said:

When you say the installer doesn't work on your system... please describe in detail any error messages you get or what is special about your system why the installer is not working for you.

The installer just doesn't respond

1 hour ago, EliteEmperor said:

The installer just doesn't respond

Sounds like it is being blocked by your virus protection software.

No, for my system, it says:"it needs a windows feature" which is the NET. frameworks. So could u please upload them in Dll. zip file so i can import them in to the effects folder in paint net. Thank you

yeah, so im using the outline object and whenever i try to give something an outline, it doesnt work. i saw something that shows me it might just be my problem because it works for this person. maybe you could help me with that?

https://closed.pizza/posts/768051

(im durr, by the way)

Capture.PNG

Hi @Durr 

Welcome to the Forum.

If your pic lacks transparency there is no room for the outline to render.

Exactly what are you trying to outline? The text or the plant?

Isolate and move what you want outlined to its own layer with transparency surrounding the object and you will see the plugin does its job as expected. 

Hope this helps. B)

I've been using Paint.net for two years but this is the first time I have run into any issues Plugin-wise. Not sure if it is the new laptop or what, but I cannot seem to find the issue with the plugins. No Plugin packs seem to work and I am getting odd error messages from your installer. I have reinstalled paint.net twice and bought the one off of the Windows Store (It was on sale for $2.99 so why not) and nothing. It still shows the same error messages. I have attached said prompts and the .dll errors pop up for every item I attempt to download. Any help would be greatly appreciated as to what may be causing these errors. 

explorer_2018-03-27_18-56-00.png

explorer_2018-03-27_18-56-32.png