How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.0.6+ Updated Aug 16, 2017

BoltBait

2 hours ago, XLkill4r said:

BTW, why is paint.net actually translating the folder paths?

This will be fixed in a future version of paint.net.

2 hours ago, XLkill4r said:

could you do like an option in the error message to open a folder menu

That's a good idea. I'll do this.

2 minutes ago, dipstick said:

Yet another reason making an all-in-one installer is a very bad idea.

Before we had the all-in-one installer, we used to get dozens of posts per day asking how to install plugins. Now, we get near zero. We will never go back. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to download individual plugins from your plugin pack, like Oil Painting+? I can't seem to find where, if it's possible.

My pc is bloody potato and last time I was up to about 20 plugins PDN start freezing and crashing all the time and I had to do a new install, so I'm nervous to download a pack of so many plugins. 

19 minutes ago, BobC said:

Is there any way to download individual plugins from your plugin pack, like Oil Painting+? I can't seem to find where, if it's possible.

My pc is bloody potato and last time I was up to about 20 plugins PDN start freezing and crashing all the time and I had to do a new install, so I'm nervous to download a pack of so many plugins. 

Just download my pack and run the installer.  Then, simply select the plugins you want and make sure all the plugins you don't want are unchecked.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, KaLoArts said:

Hey there, could u please post all those plugins in a Dll. zip pack since the installer isnt working on my system. Thanks

When you say the installer doesn't work on your system... please describe in detail any error messages you get or what is special about your system why the installer is not working for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Durr 

Welcome to the Forum.

If your pic lacks transparency there is no room for the outline to render.

Exactly what are you trying to outline? The text or the plant?

Isolate and move what you want outlined to its own layer with transparency surrounding the object and you will see the plugin does its job as expected. 

Hope this helps. B)

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

I've been using Paint.net for two years but this is the first time I have run into any issues Plugin-wise. Not sure if it is the new laptop or what, but I cannot seem to find the issue with the plugins. No Plugin packs seem to work and I am getting odd error messages from your installer. I have reinstalled paint.net twice and bought the one off of the Windows Store (It was on sale for $2.99 so why not) and nothing. It still shows the same error messages. I have attached said prompts and the .dll errors pop up for every item I attempt to download. Any help would be greatly appreciated as to what may be causing these errors. 

explorer_2018-03-27_18-56-00.png

explorer_2018-03-27_18-56-32.png

15 minutes ago, Grozatta said:

I've been using Paint.net for two years but this is the first time I have run into any issues Plugin-wise. Not sure if it is the new laptop or what, but I cannot seem to find the issue with the plugins. No Plugin packs seem to work and I am getting odd error messages from your installer. I have reinstalled paint.net twice and bought the one off of the Windows Store (It was on sale for $2.99 so why not) and nothing. It still shows the same error messages. I have attached said prompts and the .dll errors pop up for every item I attempt to download. Any help would be greatly appreciated as to what may be causing these errors. 

Ehem, sorry about that turns out all I needed to do was physically create an 'Effects' folder in the location that it was looking for as I had moved paint.net files to my removable drive and the program was unable to find the correct folder to place all of the files into.

Edited by Grozatta