'ZIP Archive' FileType Plugin (.ZIP)

On 2/26/2021 at 4:20 PM, aworkerb said:

I just installed the files into the FileTypes folder but ZIP doesn't appear in the Open or Save As options. I'm on 4.2.15 -- anyone using it successfully with the latest version? 

Did you do these two steps.....?

• Copy the two files 'ImZIP.FileType.dll/.dlc' to the Paint.NET\FileTypes\ folder
  • Remove other plugins supporting the same file type (.zip) from Paint.NET\FileTypes\ folder (to avoid possible conflicts) I.e. 'TileImageFileType.dll' plugin.

If you did, post a screenshot of your FileTypes folder showing us what's in there.

On 2/26/2021 at 10:42 PM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Did you do these two steps.....?

If you did, post a screenshot of your FileTypes folder showing us what's in there.

The first time around, no, because I was fairly sure I didn't have any zip-handling file types. Second time around I removed everything else from the folder. 

Here's what's in there now: 

• ImZIP.FileType.dlc
  • ImZIP.FileType.dll
  • PhotoShop.dll
  • SvgFileType.dll
  • ImXCF.Command.exe
  • ImXCF.FileType.dll

Is it possible my company has some software running that suppressed just the execution/use of these DLLs? 

Is there the possibility that you mixed up the two paint.net variants Standard and Shop? Then there are different FileType folders.

I would expect that paint.net throws an exception if the dll is in the right folder but access is denied.

midora%20signature.gif

post a screenshot of your FileTypes folder showing us what's in there.

I recommended this ^ so we can also check the path is correct. That's what @midora is talking about.

10 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I recommended this ^ so we can also check the path is correct. That's what @midora is talking about.

Well, I guess a picture's worth at least a couple of words. Here's where I installed the files. But see my forehead-smacking realization bolded farther down...

filetype-path.thumb.png.393314ad21742f0a078ad891cc80ea89.png

19 hours ago, midora said:

Is there the possibility that you mixed up the two paint.net variants Standard and Shop? Then there are different FileType folders.

I would expect that paint.net throws an exception if the dll is in the right folder but access is denied.

I'm not sure what the "Shop" version is, unless you mean the Microsoft Store? I've only ever had the standalone version. 

HOWEVER, your post made me poke around and finally notice that there were NO OTHER FILES in the parent folder of my FileTypes folder, only a handful of other folders (Effects, Shapes, Staging). That's because everything else is where the program actually lives, Program Files (x86), not plain old Program Files

I moved the filetype libraries to the correct folder, and now I can save out ZIP files. Too bad the reason I went down the path in the first place has come and gone. But I'll be ready for next time. 

Thanks for the help and motivating me to look more carefully. 

• 1 month later...

Not off to a good start. I just downloaded lmZIP.FileType v1.0  unzipped it and there are only two files in the ZIP folder : image.png.bc175f7dbaa6c8f34e58ace277f08265.png

I do not see a DLL file.

NOTE: this is s freshly unzipped file and not moved to C:\Program Files\paint.net\FileTypes yet.

I did move the dlc file and see the "Import from file" under layers but do not see a Save as ZIP option

UPDATE:

Logged into Webroot and it detects it as Malware

image.png.5fcd519bfbf01b7a6324bce995256316.png

Edited by Flipper
5 hours ago, Flipper said:

I do not see a DLL file.

Looks like your system is hiding it as potential malware. Try turning off your anti-virus and retry the download.

BTW I've just checked the download. The DLL is present as expected.

• 2 weeks later...