Eli's museum of unknown masterpieces.

Eli

Thanks Red, I used this technique to make this shape:

tessel-base-4bebfea.png

Then I did lots of copy and paste. Do you think that an effect to tile shapes like this one is possible?

Thanks Midora, thanks Helen! I love Escher's work. I think it is math displayed as art. I am not very good with numbers but I don't get tired looking at tesselations. 

• Upvote 2

Interesting link. I believe that particular tesselation is based on a repeating rectangle but there are many other repeating patterns.
I had a quick look on Wikipedia a while back but got lost in the maths!
Repeating, reflecting and offset (like brickwork) are possible but things like equilateral triangles are more difficult because of the grid nature of the screen.(Pixelly diagonals).

I'm sure the method you linked to could be useful for all patterns if done 'manually', but writing a plugin to do it would be a headache (for me atleast).
Just makes me appreciate Escer's art even more! - and he hand engraved the printing wood blocks too!!!
Have you checked out 'Penrose' tiling?

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Bravo @Eli - just love the tesselation birdies :D .

I still laughing from this you made in TR's radial extruder ;)

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Tesselation is a very eye catching image that would look at home in the London Tate Modern gallery :)

Y7O8WRy.png

Eli!  vya4fhbe.gif  Very detailed and well thought out. Very very nice result. Thank you so much. 

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 2 months later...

Very nice work, Eli! Some real eye-catching pieces here. Keep up the good work!   :star:  :star:  :star:  :star:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...