Cropping at an angle

axelgaming

Hi, Im new to this forum

I have a quick question on how to use paint.net i really am a AMATEUR user and want to know how to cut an image at an angle.

Basically i have a image from google and i want it cutting straight at an angle like \ IMG \

Sorry if this makes no sense! i tried with the rubber but cant make a straight neat line so it looks rubbish!

Cheers

post-141877-0-64742600-1435407504_thumb.

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Added descriptive thread title

Hi axelgaming - welcome to the paint.net forum :D

I've edited your thread title to make it descriptive. This is a requirement of our forum (see HERE). Descriptive titles helps others to search the forum for information :).

that lassoo worked, but is there a way to make it at a set angle so i can cut two images and place them side by side at the same angle if that also makes sense!

Cheers for all your help

I do not know of a way to make cuts at a set angle. However, you may obtain what you need by placing the second image on a separate layer beneath the image that has been cut.

cut-at-angle-01-4bd0bc3.png

Edited by Eli

Start with the 'Rectangle Select' tool and create any selection rectangle.

Switch to the 'Move Selection' tool. Now you can rotate and stretch the rectangle to select the angular stripe you like to get.

If your angular stripe should be horizontal at top and bottom then select again the 'Rectangle Select' tool (but do not deselect in advance).

Set the selection merge mode in the toolbar to 'Intersect'.

Now you can cut out the part of the stripe you like to get.

midoras signature.gif

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Cropping at an angle