New bike.

I have not been around much recently but there is a very good reason why - my first new motorbike for 14yrs! Finally traded the Fireblade for a CB1000R. So most of my time has been spent running it in, polishing, adding new bits, polishing and more running in. I`ve taken a few photos which were processed in PDN though -

Taken soon after I bought it. Bog standard with no accessories added -

CB1000R%20-%201small.jpg

New, nicer sounding end can fitted -

Lookin%20Really%20Good.jpg

And the latest, with the tail tidy added -

Tail%20Tidied%201%20sml.jpg

Just a rear hugger needed now but that will have to wait until next month. Plus some nicer bar end weights, a sml screen for the front , some wheel stripes...... Oh the joys of motorbikes! :D

• Upvote 2

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Looks nice.

You'll be ready for the Isle of Man TT races before you know it! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=isle+of+man+tt

I prefer the Cruiser type of bike myself. The last time I had a bike was 20 years ago. I had a Kawasaki 454 LTD.

Here is a picture of one, not mine, but it looks the same as the one I had:

ltd-1.jpg

I bought mine new from the showroom. I loved the fact that it was belt drive. I really miss that bike.

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

Red - it SOUNDS better as well! Still got to take the baffle out. Apparently it sounds even nicer without it and is not too loud. Easy to do and replaceable if I prefer to have it in ( unlikely!)

I see you`ve found some footage of me then Boltbait! :lol:  ( I wish!)

Nice bike, although not exactly my thing.

update - baffle is now out. Sounds even better now. A much deeper, throatier sound without being too loud.

Edited by Goonfella

Nice bike Goony, I'll bet it gets up and goes....

Here's an oldie, but goodie. That's my son on the back, his first ride on his 3rd birthday. He is now 19 and is riding that bike. I gave it to him on his 18th Birthday.

ZT2NdP5.jpg

Plane_Sig2.gif

You did a great job cleaning it up with the Slip-on Exhaust and the Licence plate kit. It looks much meaner now.

I'm currently riding a Hyabusa, but I'm getting too old for it these days. I may brake down and buy a 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 in the near future for riding comfort. It's very similar to your bike.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/suzuki-gsx-s1000-naked/

Plane_Sig2.gif

Nice new machine Goonfella. After a few years off two wheels, I decided this last month to re take the plunge and get me a GSXR1100. I almost died on my last beast after a serious road accident, but if you fall off a horse your get back on, so I did, pretty sure the wife will up the insurance policy on me now :lol:
the%20wheels_zps5xrzbhpb.jpg

Love the old Kawasaki BoltBait, classy design. racerx - a mega machine, always loved twin headlights and big fairings, a reminder of race days in the 80's :)

BREtKQW.png

Thanks racerx. I need to adjust the wiring on the tail tidy though. It was put on by the shop when the bike had it`s first service but instead of tucking it away under the seat like in the instructions they squeezed it underneath so if I do get caught in rain the wiring is exposed to the elements. Very clever!  I just have to pull the wiring through ,  re-connect everything and zip tie it so it`s tidy. Not something I was expecting to do though.

Nice bike the GSX-S1000 , especially in red. What I do like is the fact that a bellypan is fitted as standard - something Honda rather surprisingly does not do. They don`t even have one as an accessory. Ermax do a nice one though. I have read that the fuel injection on the GSX-S is a bit snatchy opening up from closed. But I guess you soon train your right hand to compensate though. I had that on my old 2001 Fireblade. It was the first injected Blade and opening the throttle from closed was just like that. Eventually I fitted a PC to smooth it out.

Seerose your`re so right. Everything about motorbikes is great !  ;)

Glad to see you back on two wheels Drewdale. I think biking is in the blood and once a biker - always a biker. I  can`t see myself ever without a bike. I`ve had one since I was 17 and just luv `em to bits.

Lovely bike to get back into biking with. Lots of horses to ride there!  Have fun .  B)

Edited by Goonfella

Glad to see you back on two wheels Drewdale. I think biking is in the blood and once a biker - always a biker. I  can`t see myself ever without a bike. I`ve had one since I was 17 and just luv `em to bits.

Lovely bike to get back into biking with. Lots of horses to ride there!  Have fun .  B)

Indeed, the shiny metal box may be ok for the weekly shop and getting stuck in traffic, but the call of the two wheeler was too good to ignore, i look forward to some quality rides this summer and scraping some knees around bends once more, enjoy your machine too Goonfella :)

BREtKQW.png

Nice ride DrewDale. I didn't know they still made GSXR1100's. I got the first year model back in 1986, It was top dog back then. 29 years later and it's still going strong. I raced it for a few years and won more money than I had into it, so you can say it had paid for itself and then some.

Are there any roads left in England where you can unwind powerful bikes like those?

Plane_Sig2.gif

Yum guys! They all look great for different reasons. I do love chrome though!

Great choice Goonie. I do like the new muffler. So much sleeker. Nice tail too you have there :D

You will have such fun adding bits & riding. Hope you post more photos :D

Mine is still in pieces. On hold until the renos are done. A couple months ago I bought another motor. 

This is the bike hubby built. TX750 given the Laverda cafe racer treatment. https://youtu.be/zGlyc1_jZc8

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Great vid and awesome choice for the music Barbie. Really enjoyed that. Amazing job on the bike. You would never know it is a TX750. Loved the shot with him holding his arms in the air!

I have a couple more pieces on the way for the bike so I'll post some more photos when I fit them.

Great vid and awesome choice for the music Barbie. Really enjoyed that. Amazing job on the bike. You would never know it is a TX750. Loved the shot with him holding his arms in the air!

I have a couple more pieces on the way for the bike so I'll post some more photos when I fit them.

Oops! Somehow managed to post this twice.

Edited by Goonfella

Nice ride DrewDale. I didn't know they still made GSXR1100's. I got the first year model back in 1986, It was top dog back then. 29 years later and it's still going strong. I raced it for a few years and won more money than I had into it, so you can say it had paid for itself and then some. Are there any roads left in England where you can unwind powerful bikes like those?

You are right, they no longer make them "officially" *cough* the rolling chasis including all the components (brakes / lights etc..) is a 2014 GSXR-1000 the engine is from a 1998 GSXR-1100 and completely rebuilt from the bolts up, new components / pistons / clutch the whole works. The engine that was removed from the 2014 chasis was exchanged for the 1100 engine as a straight swap and I understand the guy who I swapped with is planing to put the 1000cc engine into some kind of go-cart (should be fun)

I actually past my motorbike test on a 50cc machine and the next bike I got after that was a Kawasaki KH500. My first "superbike" was the Kawasaki ZZR1100 a mental machine, before going onto the Suzuki's.  Used to ride around some race tracks here, but non competetive "fun days" never really had the bottle to enter a race, so props for doing something cool like that :)

There is some pretty decent roads around England, but mostly made up of twisting country roads with some epic-scary bends, great for knee down chaos :D Motorways are the only true straight roads for opening up the throttle here, but sadly heavily policed, still there are some fairly decent straights over two miles in some parts that can leave the cars wondering what just whistled past them :lol:

BREtKQW.png

That`s one of the disadvantages of living in Jersey. Nowhere to open up the bike. The longest stretch of straightish road is along St.Ouens Bay. The common name for it is the Five Mile Road . Don`t know why because it`s only 2.4miles long! It`s not the best place to try your luck either for the same reason as Drew gave about the motorways. I have - ahem - `explored' the capabilities of the bike occasionally (very occasionally :roll: ) but not before doing a pass one way first to check the coast is clear - well it is by the seaside after all! :lol:

The lower speeds here is one of the reasons I finally swapped bikes and moved to a more comfy upright bike. The Blade was OK enough and being the 2001 model it was a decent ride but still not as nice to ride as the CB1. The biggest difference I have noticed is the way the new bike makes it`s power. Believe me - it`s easier to get caught out speed wise on the CB1 than it was on the Fireblade because the acceleration is instant, whereas the Blade, while most certainly not slow, needed more work to access the power. 

Second is the view. You can see so much more in traffic and turning your head is not such a pain as it was before. I would still have kept the old Blade if I could though. 14yrs with a bike is a long time and you get to know a bike inside out. I still miss it sometimes but am glad I changed.  :) 

• Upvote 1

I really like that Laverda replica Barbie. I had to watch some of the videos to see and hear it like this one: 

Looks and sounds great, kinda reminds me of the old Norton Commandos I used to like when I was a kid. Tell Brett he did a great job. It's scary to watch him ride on the left side of the road though..........

Plane_Sig2.gif

Plenty of cops around here also. The fastest I ever went on a Highway was 165 MPH (don't know what that translates in KPH), it was a 2 mile straight highway and I had to keep changing lanes because i was going 3 times the speed limit and it looked like the cars were going the other direction in reverse....

I drag raced for a few years, I built all my own motors. I also blew a few up too......  

Here is a holed Piston I made during a 12,000 RPM burnout. It was caused by a dropped intake valve.

mn0I334.jpg

Edited by racerx

Plane_Sig2.gif

Plenty of cops around here also. The fastest I ever went on a Highway was 165 MPH (don't know what that translates in KPH), it was a 2 mile straight highway and I had to keep changing lanes because i was going 3 times the speed limit and it looked like the cars were going the other direction in reverse....

I drag raced for a few years, I built all my own motors. I also blew a few up too......  

Here is a holed Piston I made during a 12,000 RPM burnout. It was caused by a dropped intake valve.

mn0I334.jpg

It's MPH for us here in the UK too, so far we have not adopted the European continent measurements for road speed. I have managed to hit 158 MPH on the ZZR1100 with still more on the throttle, but not enough road / braking distance to push it further. Always fancied having a go on a drag strip or even an unused airstrip to push the limits.

That is one holy piston man, serious damage indeed.

BREtKQW.png

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the front side of the headlight / fairing combo (1st pic) looks like the face of a Transformer? I always liked the single sided swingarm concept on Honda's, it just looks cool.

Nice looking bike......

Edited by racerx

Plane_Sig2.gif

• 5 months later...