Cannot save anything from Paint.net to anywhere, Help?

Decided to post this since no one has ever had the same problem.

I recently got a new Hard Drive and Webroot, a known antivirus. I recently opened PDN, to make a cool image to use as a profile pic. I could not save, no matter what. Wasnt a JPG, didnt lost transparency, I cannot save AT ALL.

This is the error text I get:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key

'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\paint.net' is denied.

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str)

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKeyInternal(String subkey, RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck, Object registrySecurityObj, RegistryOptions registryOptions)

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(String subkey, RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck)

at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.RegistrySettings.CreateSettingsKey(Boolean writable) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\SystemLayer\RegistrySettings.cs:line 69

at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.RegistrySettings.SetObject(String key, Object value) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\SystemLayer\RegistrySettings.cs:line 169

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Save(Document input, Stream output, SaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler callback, Boolean rememberToken) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 278

at PaintDotNet.Controls.DocumentWorkspace.<>c__DisplayClass30.<DoSave>b__28() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Controls\DocumentWorkspace.cs:line 2969

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Try(Action f) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 174

Help?

Something is preventing paint.net from accessing the registry. This key shouldn't be protected.

Usually, malware makes your registry read-only in order to prevent you from removing the malware. Maybe your virus software is doing the same thing.

What you need to do is run regedit and right-click on computer\hkey_current_user\software\paint.net key and choose Permissions... then click "Advanced" button to see why you can't modify that key.