Ishi's not-so-fancy PDN Gallery (Updated January 23, 2017)

Ishi

I think I can relate. I've been feeling uninspired of late, or I may often enjoy a certain outcome momentarily just to begin feeling dissatisfied the very next minute. Either our artistic endeavors do this to us or we do it to ourselves.

Very nice works here. I really enjoy all that you have posted so far. I myself don't consider myself super artistic either, but I've learned how to use most of the plugins and am able to manipulate them to create something that I'm proud of. Keep it going and I'm glad I took time to look through here. I may want to do some space scapes after looking through here.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looks super, Ishi!  I really like it!  You did a fantastic job!    :)     :beer:  :pizza:

• Upvote 1

Here's a video tutorial on Paint.NET that I just uploaded. I sped up the video cause I'm in a slow computer. Please watch in higher quality.

• Upvote 6

Ishi!

I just love the scape images. They are all amazing! 

Thank you also "Putting a Person on a Background" video.   :cookie-chocolate:  :cake:  :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Well. Thanks you Seerose.

I sorta invented the shadow-making technique shown on the video or at least discovered how to do it myself to which the effect is quite effective on that instance.

Very creative procedure and outcome, Ishi!appl.gifThanks for putting up the video!hi.gif

It seems this is a day of round figures for me. I've just given Seerose her 1000th rep point, and now I've just given you your 100th rep point. What a coinkydink! pooh_lol.gif

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote this original true story of mine. This should be the first of its series if it goes on. Its meant to contain a lesson in it. Its 100% PDN.

Caramel%20Macchiato.jpg

Edited by Ishi
  • Upvote 2

Thank you Maximillian.

The title is a font called "Dawning of a New Day" and the body text is one of the pre-installed fonts called Freestyle Script. I think fonts like those suit this kind of background with subtle illustration. I drew the coffee cup and platter entirely on PDN too.

• Upvote 1

So this is it, the unresized version of my submission to the urban arts theme for  SOTW. It is 100% PDN. Everything was rendered through this favorite program of ours.

This one took several days for me to complete as I was working on it little by little. The image dimension is 3200x1280 which would fit in proportion if resized to 500x200.

The third party fonts used were Ruthless One, Degrassi, Peinture Fraiche and Bombing. The face was a picture of someone that I took years ago that I converted to a threshold at PDN.

The wall with the graffiti was first completed. Once it was merged, it was placed on the center of a canvas six times it's size where the background was added.

Urban%20Art.jpg

This one posed as a real challenge to me. The shadows, the textures, colors, the objects were challenging and thank God it was a miracle I was able to sort out the perspective of this scene. This is my most ambitious PDN work this year as of now. I do not know if anyone has ever attempted this on PDN. 

The artistic effort was worth it having completed this in which I was having doubts of finishing.

Your reactions please. Thank you.

Edited by Ishi
  • Upvote 6

Thanks for the support as ever Maximilian.

Having several days to work on something like this gives you plenty of time and plenty of ideas to come as well.

I'm far from the best user of PDN but pushing the limits of what I can do with this program alone must feel heroic.

• Upvote 1

Wow! I love the different textures on the brick walls and the pavement. A cool picture with a lot of detail put in it, I espescially like the street light on Ishi St. ;) 

Wonderful work, keep it up! :star:

• Upvote 1

Oh, because I am allergic to things I do not want to do. *Cough*

- Michael J. Caboose

What a lovely "Tableau"  @Ishi :) .  It tells an interesting story - I just love the lamp post with your name :D and loads of detail in the wall, road, etc.  smileys-smiley-with-sign-948457.gif

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Ishi! 

Absolutely wonderful idea and realization! Bravo...  :)

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thanks Limon, Pixey and Seerose.

The lamp post was inspired by a few real ones I've seen at our local park though some of them do not seem to work anymore. I did not expect that it would get such attention. Anyway, the pole started as a gradient turned cylinder using Shape 3D, then resized and distorted using Grid Warp and Liquify. The pole was also copied and severely distorted using Liquify to create the arms holding the lamps. The pole was also re-used to make the legs of the basketball court at the right. It has an old design, like those from the 19th century where a guy would actually light them at night and douse in the morning. Anyway, it adds something great to the composition.

And Pixey, my little story there was chapter 1. I'd make other chapters if I experience another kind of thing that I think can give a lesson so I wanted to combine a bit of story telling to the PDN experience. I consider myself a poet and philosopher so I think I might wanna have to combine that with my PDN hobby.

Mind-blowing Ishi!!  That is a most detailed image and the textures are wonderful!  I could see myself strolling down that street!  Keep up the great work!    :pizza:  :beer:     :star:  :star:  :star:

• Upvote 1

I was asked to design a logo for an inn. I made 3 major designs all 100% PDN. Any ideas for a 4th design? Preferably gold or yellow in theme color. Thanks.

Inn%20Logo%201B.png     Inn%20Logo%202.png      Inn%20Logo%203.png

• Upvote 3