Where do you open up paint.NET at? =/

Sally_Linnae

Try the start menu. This thread should be under Bugs and Troubleshooting.

Rainbow%20Space%20Sig.png

The God of Judgement is not pleased...

Its bot there. bloody potato. It took an hour to install but then it won't even show. I really hope it works. =/

2n868m1thmg1.gif

Oh, oh, you make me so nervous, girl. ;)

Lol. I'm installing it now. I downloaded it, but thats it. I'll see if it works no. I hope so. I'm soooo excited. =D

Do you guys edit picture or take pictures for a living? Just wondering.

2n868m1thmg1.gif

If you still can't find it, it defauts to

"C:\Program Files\Paint.NET"

Thank you very much. =D

2n868m1thmg1.gif

During the first installation process, I believe it still asks you if you'd like a desktop icon created. (I must admit, I haven't done a fresh install in over a year, so I don't know what the interface looks like anymore...)

If you don't have an icon on your desktop you should be able to find in under the Start menu. Hover over the All Programs area to open your list of programs. If Paint.NET is one of the last things that you installed, it should be one of the single icons (in the top level, not in a folder) at the bottom of the list. If you're having trouble finding it, you can right-click on any icon and select "Sort By Name." The the PDN icon will be listed alphabetically with the other "P"s.

I hope that helps!

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

During the first installation process, I believe it still asks you if you'd like a desktop icon created. (I must admit, I haven't done a fresh install in over a year, so I don't know what the interface looks like anymore...)

If you don't have an icon on your desktop you should be able to find in under the Start menu. Hover over the All Programs area to open your list of programs. If Paint.NET is one of the last things that you installed, it should be one of the single icons (in the top level, not in a folder) at the bottom of the list. If you're having trouble finding it, you can right-click on any icon and select "Sort By Name." The the PDN icon will be listed alphabetically with the other "P"s.

I hope that helps!

And thank you, too. =D

Its installi ng still. GJFHGDSFHF. This is so exciting. Seriously. My mom never lets me install or download things. I've been taking pictures for years. I love it. =D

2n868m1thmg1.gif

Um, no offense or anything meant by this, but how old are you?

I am sixteen. Why? Just wondering.

2n868m1thmg1.gif

Please remember to post in the correct section of the forum.

Moved to Bugs & Troubleshooting

I am terribly sorry. =/

2n868m1thmg1.gif

Um, no offense or anything meant by this, but how old are you?

I am sixteen. Why? Just wondering.

Just cause it seems like your mom doesn't trust you very much... :?

knight.jpg

Site: RIP =(

(I must admit, I haven't done a fresh install in over a year, so I don't know what the interface looks like anymore...)

Do you have 3.0 installed? :?

*my apologies for temporarily hijacking the thread*

Yes, I have 3.01 installed. What I meant was I haven't done an install where I didn't have PDN on my computer since 2.1Beta2, and I've let the built in updater handle it from there. With the updater, I just mash go, return to whatever I was doing before, and it lets me know when it's done.

When I said I don't recall what the interface looks like, I was referring to the options presented to the user during the installation wizard.

Sorry for the confusion.

*we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread*

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

How long does the installation usually take? Just wondering, again. Lol. (=

Don't know about anyone else but mine took about 3 minutes the bulk of it was when it configures its settings for better performance - or something along those lines, the last bit of the installation anyway.

Also, if you still can't find it you can try what Namiyoshi just said, you can find it in My Computer if you click 'Search' at the top and try typing paint.net in 'all files and folders'.