Install bug

Mac123

I have installed .NET Framework 4.5 manually.

Are you checked the paint.net folder in Programm Files?

Does it have any files?

Read post #11 for the location of the .NET frameworks.

:@@@@@@@@@@ I INSTALLED .NET FRAMEWORK, NOW MY LOCAL DISK C IS VIRUSED , I have 3 gb , when i click again i have 1, when i click again 0 kb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

MY PC IS WREKED , Thank you PAINT.NET !

Edited by Mac123

Don't panic Mac123.

It is unlikely you have downloaded a 'virus' - however it does sound like your PC is very messed up at the moment.
I am not an expert and cannot give you much useful advice other than try 'system restore'.

You will be better off waiting for the advice of E.E.R. and Remake etc. They are all in different time zones so may not answer immediately.

I sincerely hope you get your PC back in working order.

BTW my .NET framework is installed (automatically) in "HDD/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework" - not exactly the same as E.E.R quoted, perhaps it depends on the O.S.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Dude, before i have installed .NET Framework, i haved 2gb left in my PC (Local Disk), when i installed i have 3GB

It's virus?

BTW paint.net works !

... It's virus?

No. When installed new version .NET Framework starts unzipping files on the system disk, it takes a large amount of memory. Then, when the installation is over, starts the process of removing unneeded temporary files and free memory in the disk increases. All of this happens automatically without your participation.

In this case the estimate of memory used is very approximate.

BTW paint.net works !

Congratulations and good luck!

Edited by ReMake

Thank you ! 

@FOR ALL YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WHIT ME (DOWNLOAD PAINT.NET - INSTALL IT - AND DON'T APPEAR NOTHING -> DO THIS STEPS:)

1.Download the lastest version of .NET Framework

2.Install Paint.NET

3.Enjoy

Thank you all !

• 2 years later...

I'm having an issue with installing as well, I have windows 8.1 and it wont install, it says that its extracting but when I click ok it will extract but the installer doesnt pop up

6 hours ago, USMARINECORPS said:

I'm having an issue with installing as well, I have windows 8.1 and it wont install, it says that its extracting but when I click ok it will extract but the installer doesnt pop up

You need to install a recent version of the .NET Framework first.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55170

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab