Install bug

When i install paint.net it says: Extracting , i wait until extracting, then a text pop up whit : Following will be installed : .Net framework and paint.net, i click ok, and then says :Extracting ,and then close up ... what is this? 

I don't have .net framework .

PLEASE HELP ME I LOVE PAINT . NET 

Hi again @Mac.  Please read this thread and there is a link to .net framework in the first paragraph.  Also, as I mentioned in the other post you made, Norton may be the trouble maker!

EDIT:  I notice that the link to the .net framework in the thread I gave you is not working.  Perhaps this link will do the same job, but I'd prefer a Moderator say that this new link

is the correct one.

Edited by Pixey

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I mentioned Norton because sometime it blocks Plugins and gives error messages.

I've got another link for you here to read with the proper link to downloading the .net Framework. 

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Yes you can specify a custom installation location. If you're installing for the first time I strongly recommend you use the default installation options. Its easier.

How much size have Paint.NET? But .net framework?!

paint.net is relatively small (less than 30MB). The .net framework is a little larger (less than 300MB).

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

You cannot specify a custom location for the .net framework. It gets installed in the \Windows\.NET Framework\ directory.

I can delete .net framework after installing it?

PROBLEM : Paint.net won't install, i click on installer, and says : Following be installed : paint.net and .net framework, and i click ok, and nothing happens, please help me !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mac123

I can delete .net framework after installing it?

No.

PROBLEM : Paint.net won't install, i click on installer, and says : Following be installed : paint.net and .net framework, and i click ok, and nothing happens, please help me !!!!!!!!!!

Give us your system specs. What sort of machine are you trying to install onto?

The Paint.NET installer will automatically download and install .NET Framework.

The .NET Framework installation process can take from 15 to 45 minutes depending on the specs of your PC.

Edited by ReMake

Dude, when i download the SP1, and when i click it, the programm does not allow me to install it, because is already installed.

And paint.net installantion keep erroring me.

Please help, i am a Designer, and i work whit Paint.NET and i need it to work !

Well, let's get something straight:

- you have Windows7 with Service Pack 1
  - and you've installed .NET Framework 4.5.

If that so, installation Paint.NET should not cause problems.

Perhaps the problem is caused by the repeated attempts to install Paint.NET.

Try to remove Paint.NET and install it again.

We can give you the correct advice if you attach screenshots of the errors (unless you don't have Paint.NET do them in MS Word:  PrtScr -> Open Word -> Сtl+V).

No, i don't have .NET Framework 4.5

When i install Paint.NET , it says it will be installed .NET Framework, and then a message pop up : Extracting , and then , when it's finished ,nothing happend.No paint.NET installer, nothing