Possibility of Linux and Mac Ports?

Since Microsoft has ported the .NET platform to Linux and Mac, is there any chance we may see a port of Paint.net?

It would be great to have it natively on my Linux install, instead of running the old version with WINE.

Thanks

From the FAQ:

(1) Will it ever be ported to Mac OS, Linux, or any other operating system?
(2) What about Mono support? Wouldn't that be really easy?
We will not be doing any work to directly support Mac OS, Linux, Mono, or any other platform. We are doing this in order to focus on the best quality and support for the platform that we develop on: Windows with .NET. Also, we simply do not have the resources or expertise to do any of this work.

You may want to look at Pinta as an alternative.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

From the FAQ:

You may want to look at Pinta as an alternative.

Thanks for your reply.

I've read the FAQ before.  I was just interested to see if there was any reconsideration in light of the recent news that the full .NET platform has been ported over (essentially giving Mac OS and Linux first party treatment for .NET program development).