Scanning problem

starwood

I have been able to scan into paint in the past because I have trouble scanning from my Lexmark into the computer at times.  Today when I open paint the scan feature is greyed out.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hi @starwood and welcome to the forum 112458.gif 

Argh - I once had a Lexmark which was p a i n.

Here is an exerpt from FAQ's by the boss himself on this subject.

Why can't I scan or print?

There are three possible reasons. The first is that you are using a "portable" version of Paint.NET -- a copy that is running on a USB stick, for instance. The WIA system component simply may not be installed in this case, as it requires proper installation and registration.

Second, if you can't scan, then maybe your scanner doesn't support WIA. You can check to see if you scanner supports WIA by verifying that it shows up in the "Scanners and Cameras" control panel. Some scanners or cameras require that special software or drivers be installed before they work with WIA.

The Windows Image Acquisition system service must also be enabled. This may be disabled if you have "tweaked" your system, or if you are running Windows Server where it is set to Disabled by default. Simply set it to "Automatic" or "Automatic (Delayed Start)" and it should work.

If regular Paint can't see your devices, then Paint.NET will not be able to either.

40406.gif      Hope this helps you.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.