Transparency Issue

Hi GamingHazard!  Welcome to the forum :D

You have probably pasted the second image directly onto the first.  This means that the transparent areas have been pasted over the existing image.  You need to use layers.  Then the transparent areas in the upper layer will allow the black photo in the lower layer to show through.

Reopen your black photo and used Layers > Import from file to get the second image into a layer above the first.  Flatten (Ctrl + Shift + F) and Save As....   Don't use Save!  That will overwrite your original image. Permanently. 

Hi GamingHazard!  Welcome to the forum :D

You have probably pasted the second image directly onto the first.  This means that the transparent areas have been pasted over the existing image.  You need to use layers.  Then the transparent areas in the upper layer will allow the black photo in the lower layer to show through.

Reopen your black photo and used Layers > Import from file to get the second image into a layer above the first.  Flatten (Ctrl + Shift + F) and Save As....   Don't use Save!  That will overwrite your original image. Permanently. 

How do i insert a photo, but not expand my old one i wanted to insert it into?

Ah yes.  Good point.  Layers > Import from File automatically resizes the original to accommodate the new image (if it's larger than the original).

Try this instead:

1. Open both images simultaneously

2. Click on the second image (the one you wish to import) in the Image list (i.e. the thumbnail in the filmstrip across the top of the Menu Bar).

3. Press Ctrl + A  (Select All).

4. Press Ctrl + C (Copy)

5. Click on the black photo thumbnail in the Image List.

6. Press Ctrl + Shift + V (Paste into new layer).

7.  When the option pops up - select "Keep canvas size"