Can't save anything

I have a problem, suddenly out of nowhere, I have no idea why, but when I try to save files I always get this message. Does anyone have a solution

"System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Toegang tot de registersleutel HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\paint.net is geweigerd.

bij Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str)

bij Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKeyInternal(String subkey, RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck, Object registrySecurityObj, RegistryOptions registryOptions)

bij Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(String subkey, RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck)

bij PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.RegistrySettings.CreateSettingsKey(Boolean writable) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\SystemLayer\RegistrySettings.cs:regel 69

bij PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.RegistrySettings.SetObject(String key, Object value) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\SystemLayer\RegistrySettings.cs:regel 169

bij PaintDotNet.FileType.Save(Document input, Stream output, SaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler callback, Boolean rememberToken) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:regel 278

bij PaintDotNet.Controls.DocumentWorkspace.<>c__DisplayClass30.<DoSave>b__28() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Controls\DocumentWorkspace.cs:regel 2969

bij PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Try(Action f) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:regel 174"

There's something incorrectly configured with the security settings for the registry. I don't know why. It's not something Paint.NET does.

You might be able to get away with deleting that registry key ( HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Paint.NET ). This will force it to be recreated the next time you launch Paint.NET and maybe it'll have the correct security settings then.

I've been seeing a handful of reports of this lately for some reason. I may just patch the code to ignore this error, although it'll come at the cost of Paint.NET no longer remembering your Save Configuration settings for each file type.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg