Help files / unable to open tutorial PDF

bloodymage

I need help. I don't do well with computers, not since my brain tumor and I really don't do well with remembering things. I'm 62 and old-fashioned, 100% disabled vet so I'd like to have something I can print out to learn this program.

I supposedly found a pdf but Windows can't open the file. I saw the ebook but this place takes half my money and I've got to watch the pennies.

Which pdf??

Have you tried the help files?  Press F1 in paint.net to go online and see the documentation.

I download a pdf that said it was a user's guide or some such. I never seem to find what I need on these blasted machines. :roll:

I'm pressing F1 with no result. I'm Mr. Magoo now and technology makes me bonkers!

Edited by bloodymage

I downloaded this: PDNTuts.pdf and it won't open.

I assume you are referring to Simon Brown's "Download 12 tutorials in a single PDF".

You can view that PDF here:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/joyzyjnntu1/PDNTuts.pdf

However, his pdf file is not a guide for the basic functions of the paint.net program. You'll want to use the link that Ego Eram Reputo gave to you in the post above.

Unless there is some resource out there that I'm not aware of, this is the best we can do at the moment. Perhaps someday Rick will put the official documentation under a permissive license, and then we'll be able to make a PDF copy out of it. Perhaps not; it's his prerogative. Personally, I would like to see it under the 'GNU Free Documentation License' or a 'Creative Commons' license, but that's just me.

Edited by toe_head2001

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I think you've got it toe-head!

@Bloodymage - I've split this series of posts out of the thread that you replied to.  Your problem with pdf's is nothing to do with the subject of that thread.

Please try the F1 key again.  Open paint.net so that the main screen is in front of you.  Press the F1 key (top left of your keyboard right next to the Esc key).  

Alternatively, click the little blue question mark in the top right of the paint.net screen.  Then click Help.

Does that take you to the online documentation?

If it doesn't, click this link: http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/index.html

• Upvote 1