Image BG change

Ryu281

I need some help with creating a banner for a site.

I need to put each of the four circles in this pic

horde.jpg

onto a BG pic I made. I also need to make the BG I made smaller so that it's a banner, and then I want to add text to the entire thing.

I would upload the pic, but it can't be uploaded for some reason

Something like this:

|_0_0______~~~~~_____0_0__|

Excuse my bad ASCII drawing skills.

Thanks in advance

RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM...TRICK OR TREAT!

Well, you can use this tutorial to cut out the images. To resize, open the Resize window (Image/resize.) Then you can adjust by percentage or absolute size. What kind of help do you need for text?

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

I'd really encourage you to try cutting things out with Alpha Masking. Perhaps I should put together a tutorial together for it.

The advantage of Alpha Masking is that you can get smooth edges to your cutout. For instance:

horde.png

All you have to do is draw out the pattern on a new layer in white, add a new layer in black under the white shape, save it as mask.png, and use Illnab's Alpha Mask Importer on the original layer to mask out the background. This is the mask used for the above picture:

hordemask.png

Then you can save each little graphic as a PNG (to preserve the transparent background), then use the Layers -> Import from File... dialog to bring them all into your background picture.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

you can get smooth edges to your cutout

Blurring the edges of the mask?

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Not by blurring, but by using the Ellipse and Line / Curve shape tools.

The shape tools have anti-aliased edges. The Magic Wand does not.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Thanks for the help, I'm gonna try it later.

As for text, I wanna write something in an undecided font that changes color along the letters. Ex: "HELLO" Top would be red, then blends to yellow in middle, thne back to red at bottom. Something like that, but I'm using blue and lighter blue, maybe green instead of red and yellow. Would making a gradiant in the shape of the letters be effective, tough as it is?

EDIT: So I ended up resizing the BG about ten minutes after posting the first question, Now the circles are too big for it. I'm using standard banner size (apparently, 728x90) although I'm thinking of making it slightly bigger so that i don't have to resize the circles. Any Ideas?

RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM...TRICK OR TREAT!

Well, here's a quick example of 728 x 90:

Banner1

In order to not have to resize the circles, you'd have to make it about 160 pixels tall:

Banner2

I dunno. Resizing the circles can make it difficult to see what each one says, but you really don't have enough room for all four circles and text with a width of 728 px....

~ Becoming the Archetype

Maybe I should just let the banner be bigger. If I can get the circles to fit nicely with the text with a reasonable size, I'll do it.

EDIT: So my new size is 1000x200. It seems reasonably well spaced, all I need is the text and the other pics.