unexpected transparent box

I was working on creating a new cover for a book and I clicked the rectangular select box and then used it to increase the size of the text I had selected.

It appeared to be fine but for some reason a transparent box now surrounds the box. Looks very strange. Obviously, I again did something wrong.

Thanks for your time and hopefully easy solution.

Renee

Ps I tried to attach it but it's too big: 2.51--close but no cigar. If I knew how to get it smaller...

Sounds like you have the text on the same layer as the background. When you resized the text you probably also shifted the selection box a few pixels sideways. Because the text and background were both moved, a hole has appeared along the edge.

Fix: erase and redo the text putting it on its own layer. If you do this you can move or resize the text layer without ever changing any other element in the image.

Bless you, Ego, but there was no hole; however there is blurring so what you said makes sense. As to erasure, won't that leave a hole if it's on the background layer?

No matter, I'll start where you said and see what happens. Thanks.

Scott, I sure hope you're still around!

You were right I didn't make a separate layer, but the problem was then that I made another layer to go on top in another color.

So I had to start over. Just easier. BUT--I forgot how I did the strikethrough so I cut out the word from another cover in pdn and it was fine.

But now I can't find what I used to do it! I'm an idiot, I admit. I had made all the surrounding background etc transparent and it worked fine. Now when I tried it again, all I got was an empty box.

Is there now a way to do a strikethrough on pdn? I can use the fb and Twitter link but it doesn't do all that good of a job. Still it beats nothing.

Renee

Not a problem Renee.

For those who are wondering, strikethrough styling is one of the text tool options, along with bold, underline and italic.