[Feature] Scrolling past canvas- included?

Hey guys, I was reading the FAQ/frequently requested features and stuff looking for this functionality. It says this:

Scrolling past the edge of the canvas when zoomed in -- Right now when you zoom in on the image, you can only scroll to the edge of the image. It can be inconvenient because then you have no space between the image and the scroll bars. Implementing this is dependent on some other "plumbing" work that should be done for the image canvas' rendering, and this will be taken into account when that work is being done. No ETA though, but hopefully in v4.0. Update: The canvas in 4.0 has been completely rewritten, and it is now possible for me to implement this.

"it is now possible for me to implement this." The post doesn't seem to be updated all that frequently (judging by comments), and I don't seem to be able to just do this, so I was curious if it was a hidden feature somewhere or something.

Thanks!

Indy

Edit: Fixed some formatting

Edited by indigosun
  • Upvote 1

This has not yet been implemented. As the FAQ said, "Right now when you zoom in on the image, you can only scroll to the edge of the image."

It is now possible to implement; Rick just hasn't gotten to that yet

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 11 months later...

Also came looking for information on this. As of my post, 2016-02-08, there is no longer an entry in the FAQ about this: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/399-frequently-asked-questions-faq/

I figure this is worth a bump almost 1 year later. This would be a  great feature to have!

EDIT: Found it in a different thread named "Popular Feature Requests" http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/2940-popular-feature-requests/

Scrolling past the edge of the canvas when zoomed in -- Right now when you zoom in on the image, you can only scroll to the edge of the image. It can be inconvenient because then you have no space between the image and the scroll bars. Implementing this is dependent on some other "plumbing" work that should be done for the image canvas' rendering, and this will be taken into account when that work is being done. No ETA though, but hopefully in v4.0.
Update: The canvas in 4.0 has been completely rewritten, and it is now possible for me to implement this.
Edited by peterfnet

It's actually in Popular Feature Requests, not the FAQ.

The status of the feature has not changed. Hopefully Rick will feel extra generous soon, and spend his free time to implement this for all of us.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

It's actually in...

I must have edited my post just after you loaded this page. I have corrected my mistake.

Yeah, I also hope he is feeling generous! I'm so used to zooming in, then panning past the edges. I'm constantly moving my floating tools around once I hit the edge they're on.

Rick has been working on this. Patience ;)

Thread is over a year old. Let's close this. If you want to kick off the subject anew - please start a new thread.

If you want to kick off the subject anew - please start a new thread. 

But please don't do so unless you have something new to add.  We all want it, and it's coming.  If you want to start another thread that doesn't boil down to one of those two things, go for it.  Otherwise, just wait patiently.  :-)

• Upvote 1

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.