Off-line Installation?

markel7

I have a friend who was lamenting that all the good graphics programs are out of his price range. I thought I would help him out & install Paint.net for him, but I ran into a snag - he has no internet access. I thought I could just download and install MS .NET 4.5 first, then install paint.net, using downloads from my own computer (copied onto a flash drive). Installing MS .net framework 4.5 went fine. When I got to the step of installing paint.net, however, it tried to contact the internet to download MS .NET framework, even though the current version was already installed. Since there is no internet access, it just hangs, waiting for a connection, and never installs.

Is there some way to tell the install program to look for .net and go ahead and install if it finds it, or to just continue with the install without trying to connect to the internet? I looked through the site faq and searched the forums, but couldn't find anything that would help me do this. I'm sure there is some way for non-internet users to install the program - how do I do it?

My editing system isn't connected to web. I installed Paint.NET 4.0.5 just fine on both Windows 7 x64 and Win 8.1 x64. Make sure you reboot after installing .NET 4.5.

Edited by racerx
  • Upvote 1

Plane_Sig2.gif