Why no Vista support?

Sonicrider3

I've heard great things about this program. A lot of great things.

But theres something that really makes me upset.

I can't use it. I have Windows Vista 64 bit and when I downloaded it, it said I needed "Windows 7 SP1 or newer". Why can't it support vista?

I share your pain!

- however there are good reasons why Rick cannot make Pdn 4 work on Vista (various libraries that are not part of Vista).

It is unfortunate that we cannot direct you to an on-site link to Pdn 3.5.11 but I believe it is still available here? (I hope) + (Always virus scan! & I take no responsibilty!)

http://filehippo.com/download_paint.net/download/807aec344b3ae9e791d27718f0a46d26/

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Then you just have to accept that it's old and cannot support new software.

Rick is the developer of paint.net.  He doesn't need the extra work involved porting brand new code to an old OS.  Then there is the testing.  It all accounts for a lot of time that could be spent developing new features and enhancements.

As others have pointed out - you can still use the previous version of paint.net (3.5.11).  It's still a brilliant image editor.

Then you just have to accept that it's old and cannot support new software.

Rick is the developer of paint.net.  He doesn't need the extra work involved porting brand new code to an old OS.  Then there is the testing.  It all accounts for a lot of time that could be spent developing new features and enhancements.

As others have pointed out - you can still use the previous version of paint.net (3.5.11).  It's still a brilliant image editor.

And that is what I am going to do.

Thank you all for the help, now i just need a download from a website that doesn't look fishy.