How to Install Plugins ×

Gossamer - released 10/02/2015

Red ochre

Many thanks TR, for posting the excellent image and ideas for the effect.
('Converge' uses the 'knuth shuffle' first then linear through the arrays - default skips that stage but accesses the array randomly. I had some other ideas but they made things too slow.)

racerx - thanks for posting the image - the rings work well but the distant star background really steals the show! B)

Thanks Drew - glad your end of the internet has settled down today. ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thank yo to all: Red ochre + Techno Robbo + ERR. There is absolutely magical plugin.  :beer:  :pizza:

7b9hn7kt.png

• Upvote 3

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thanks so much @Red for this really cool Plugin - very nice indeed :beer: .  After lots of playing about - Dada........

Dfc178q.png

Mama

• Upvote 3

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Seerose - that is beautiful! - exactly the effect I had in mind whilst writing the plugin. B)

Pixey - Glad you are enjoying the new effect. Good to see you exploring the 'Converge' option too. B)

Thank you both for posting the images - unfortunately I'm out of 'reps' at the moment. Have some cake till I get my next allowance ;) :cake: :cake:

TR! - you've opened up new musical avenues for me! :lol:

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 5 months later...

It's all about experimentation Doughty! ;)

Judging by the colours, I think you may have pressed 'OK' when it was on 'step 1' then run it again using 'step 2'?.
That's fine (I like the result) but 'step 1' is really intended just to show which 'edge' pixels have been selected.
Adjust the top two sliders so that mainly edges show up in red.(more red = slower)
Then change to 'step 2' (without pressing OK) and adjust the other controls, then, when happy press OK.

Thanks for posting the image - sometimes it's good to use plugins in unorthodox ways! B)

PdnForumSig2.jpg

:lol: I like what I did. I was seeing faces in the one above. I have another that looks like sticks tied together for maybe fencing or a hut. I like the hard lines. Another fav plugin from you. Thanks.

SloppySig.png

• 7 months later...

I recently made a 2.5-D animation on a still image I shot of a fallen tree. I used this plugin to make the spider web and decided to share as it looks pretty cool, I think..

spider_hole2.mp4 (3.4 MBs)

• Upvote 2

69unju0.gif

That's is Cool! - thanks for posting it. B)

We don't generally have poisonous spiders in England. However, I moved to the the south-coast a year ago and noticed an unusual spider in the conservatory. After looking up the species found it was a 'false widow' - bite/sting like a bee, apparently.
- Invasive species, dead now!
(I don't like killing things but it wouldn't pay rent). :D
JgZKva9.png

I know, nothing compared to some of the beasts in Australia. ;)

• Upvote 1

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Poor creatures Down Under. But you know it's not their fault because they've had less time to evolve as species around a human-dominated environment.

Their instinct is not yet advanced enough to warn them that Homo Sapiens are toxic.

Edited by Djisves

Xkds4Lh.png

That's still a scary looking little spider Red. I don't normally kill spiders in my house. If one bothers anyone, I usually catch and release them outside. An old CD cake container and lid does the job nicely. Nature tends to keep things in check and balance and I try to keep it that way.

69unju0.gif

• 5 months later...

Quite by chance I tried Gossamer to create some travel routes on an RPG world map. I was stunned to find that it worked even better than I had hoped!

gossamerismyhero.png

Now all I have to do is place towns and cities at the intersections (the more intersections the larger the town) and my map has taken a massive step forwards.

gossamerismyhero2.png

Many thanks Red!  :star::star:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3