How could I make a T.I. "Paper Trail" design?

I assume you are referring to this:

http://www.hellmatt.schulen5103.ch/RPM2008_09/internetarbeit_jana_p/bilder/T.I_Diskografie/T.I._Paper%20Trail.jpg

I don't know why you'd consider using Inkscape for a design like this; that would be insane. You're going to need to create a bunch of paper scraps (or use stock images), and layer them like crazy. Don't forget the drop shadows. You will also need to identify the light & dark parts of the base photo, so that you know where to place the dark scraps and the light scraps of paper.

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Yes there is a relatively easy way to do this...

#1 You're going to need plenty of smallish images of torn paper.  Collect* or make them** and stuff them in their own folder somewhere.

#2 Download and install this plugin Mosaic Maniac

#3 Um. No.  Forget this step. :lol:

#4 Run the plugin (Effect > Artistic > Collage Paint).

#5 Navigate to your torn paper images and select the folder.

#6 Hit Ok and wait.

Here's Obama rendered from a folder full of icons I had lying around

yhsjjie-1010.png

* Google "torn paper brushes" to find pre-made sets.

** How would I make a lot of small images of torn paper? I'd tear up a glossy magazine and arrange the pieces on my scanner's bed. Then scan them, remove the white background, select them individually and use TR's Export Selection plugin to save them.

• Upvote 3

#1 You're going to need plenty of smallish images of torn paper.  Collect* or make them** and stuff them in their own folder somewhere.

EER, this is a wonderful idea for a new plugin: a Paper Shredder/Ripper plugin. It will be less messy than actually doing it.  :)

We could then use the ripped pieces of paper and  TR's Custom Random Filler plugin to compose Paper Trail type designs.

Please let us know how you get on.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

When I try to download that Mosaic Maniac, it shows that the URL is gone. 

And, I really need a photo collage, is this one for photos too? or just for isolated positions on a page? 

Am I looking in the wrong place??

Pat

The download link is at the very bottom of that first post; located just under where it says Attached Files.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab