curving text around an image

I thought the curving tool was doing it manually!

I can post a picture of what I'm trying to do, if you will walk me through doing it right this time manually!

I'm trying to put "SEAL OF"  at the top; and Souterrain curving up at the bottom.

And ignore the title, I forgot to use save as.

Thank you.

Renee

post-135376-0-68063100-1422639226_thumb.

If you don't want to do things one letter at a time, then the plugins in this plugin pack might make things easier for you.
http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/16643-dpys-plugin-pack-2014-05-04/

Also, here are some videos that might help you.

This video shows how to do things one letter at a time. The video has several mini tutorials in it though, so to see how to curve text skip the video to around 9:00.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLwtPHgKi0w

This video shows an interesting way of using the Gravity plugin to make wavy text, but I'm sure the concept could be applied for curving text too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWychkuByVg
All plugins used in the video can be found in the plugin index.

• Upvote 1

Thank you, Fuzzy. I couldn't understand all he said--British-type accent but sounds more like I think Australian or New Zealand may--at any rate, he didn't show anything but layers. But I think he used the lasso selection and pixel mover. At any rate, that's what I'll try.

Although my very early version of PDN has a curving tool. And as I said, I could get the points where I wanted them, but couldn't seem to apply the curve to the text.

Hi Renee.  I think you may be confusing the Line/Curve Tool as a tool to make/move text?  If it's the one at the bottom of this image I've made, then it's only for drawing lines which you can make into shapes.

5yH4K7k.png]

So, if you draw a curve with that tool on a New Layer - curve it to the shape you want. Then type your text on new layers and then with the rectangle tool, or lasso, draw around them. Switch to the move pixels and move them over the line. When you are done, delete the line layer and background and flatten.

3qLueAr.png

And yes, the chap in the video was definitely English/UK ;) .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks, Pixey. I managed to do it the "Englishman" 's way. One letter at a time in code yet--then realized I'd used English when it's supposedly in Old French.

So tomorrow I'll do it right. Takes me a really long time, but at least as I wanted, I'm doing it by meself [as two year olds say!]

I see you list FL as where you live. You made it?

Renee

Yay - so glad you managed to do the text.  Don't worry about the time it takes to do these things, unless you do it every day, it's easy to forget. 

No, alas the house has not yet sold on the island, so we just flit back and forth to Florida.  Hopefully this year will be the lucky year!

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.