Plugin Request - Inner Drop Shadow

Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Surely different sized images would require a different blur setting?

Well, the prototype has a blur slider. So, play with it, then let me know.

Honestly, no matter how big the image, a blur of 1 or 2 makes it look perfect. I'm leaning toward just taking it out in order to simplify the UI.

I use a wide range of blurs, so I personally like the slider ability. Because of how I use shadows, taking out the blur slider would be downgrading the plugin from my perspective. With the way I have been playing around with the plugin, the blurring functionality really adds to the plugin. There are text, shapes, and other creative things of all sizes to use the plugin on, so I think versatility should still be taken into consideration.

If I had to choose between a blur slider and color option, I would choose the blur, as the blur is part of the actual shadowing effect. Blurring helps gives different depth appearances as well as softer shadow lines. I feel adding color is more of a bonus feature. But, I do think both have their fair share of value.

Here is a bold picture I made, all blurs were set to something higher than 2.

InnerShadowTestBlurs_zpshow75jcw.png

If you like small User Interfaces, then I wonder, will your Inner Shadow UI be much larger than the Drop Shadow plugin's UI? The drop shadow UI is very manageable and simple. Since your Inner Shadow Plugin has similar settings, will it be possible to have Inner Shadow's UI close in size to the Drop Shadow plugin's UI? What are the major difference that might be playing a role in the two UI sizes, despite having very similar settings?

PS: have you seen the Parallel Lines and Patterns plugin? It's UI actually uses tabs. Before more settings were added, the UI was smaller than it is now, and it had a tab for the coloring options.

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles
  • Upvote 1

Thanks! I'll try to match it the best I can.

(You'd think that because I'm a mod that I would download and use every single plugin out there... but, I don't.)

I hope you don't mind, but I added your sample image to the Drop Shadow Plugin Pack thread--just in case someone else needs to see it.

As with other things,there actually are many ways to do this already, but adding another is always good like Red says.   ;)

And yes sometimes the manual way proves to be a better approach than the automated way. But sometimes in the right hands the automated way can be used in ways not imagined yet.  ;)

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Post a screenshot of the Drop Shadow UI and I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Nice pic, BTW!

EDITEDIT: I only use IndirectUI controls, so no tabs.

You provide the code and I'll happily wrap it in a custom UI for you ;)