How to make a grid?

Greetings,

I'm looking for a plugin that will allow me to make a grid with paintnet.  I have version 4.0.5 with Windows 8.1.  I'd found a Gridmaker plugin earlier, but I was not able to install it. 

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/4175-grid-maker-plugin/

Is there one that's more recent, available, and actually working?

Thanks,

BH

EDIT:  I discovered the plugin was installed.  The application was buried under the "effects" menu and then under "render," which explains why I couldn't find it the first time around.  The new issue I ran into is that there is no way to get the grid to match a specific size.  The grid step runs on a scale of 1 to 1000, but even with that, on a canvas that's 8.5" wide, the grid cannot be made to run exactly 1/4" per square.  On the right edge of the page, that grid is about 1/12th of an inch off.  Suggestions?

Edited by Ambreville

Do you want a grid or a checkerboard? Remember with a grid there will be a grid-line between each square that will take up some space. With a checkerboard you don't have to worry about this.

This is what I got:

grid.png

Of, course if your DPI is high enough, the grid-line issue won't matter.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I started over with a new page, 8.5 x 5.5 and reran the grid app.  I just needed a grid, not a checkerboard.  The res is 300 dpi.  This time, the grid is only just a hair off.  Not sure why I had such a discrepancy the first time around.  Yours looks spot on. 

10954237_903226713034521_1305537657_o.jp

Edited by Ambreville

• 8 months later...

Hello All, I am not a programmer, just a guy who has spent 2 hours trying to get some lines on a picture and print it out (with the lines). I would like a grid, not a checker board that has 1" spaces between black lines. So far all I can get is an "effect" that if you zoom in the picture becomes pixilated...not at all what I am looking for.

Any suggestions? 

mark

Hi Mark!

Check out the Plugin Index. There's a link in my signature. Look up Grid Maker. You'll want the latest one by BoltBait.