Forum 403 forbidden/ip block

Zagna

I've been getting error 403 on my main isp connection for a while now. Saw it first around new year and thought it was just an error but it's still there so something else is going on.
It seems I can access the forum through my phones 3G atleast.
Admins help...

Edited by Zagna

sig.jpg.7f312affa740bae49243c4439bc4a244.jpg

There exists another thread on the problem

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/31386-thank-you-moderators/

Accessibility seems to depend on location and duration of login status. Thus, people with the problem use proxies. I have to keep changing them every so often as they get blocked.

Direct access thru with my own IP has been impossible all along.

All things are difficult before they are easy.  (Thomas Fuller)

My signature was really annoying, so BoltBait deleted it. I should probably read rule #13 of the forum rules.

I wonder if you realise just how dangerous it is to use a Proxy server?  They are NOT a great idea to use and you can read all about it here.  Also, they may not be good for the forum either.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

It looks like we're back to a fairly normal footing with the forum. Many of the users who had access issues have been able to log using their usual methods. Suggest you drop the proxies and try accessing the forum in your normal manner.

Just tried with my normal IP. Though I can get to getpaint.net, the forum continues to be "Forbidden".

My signature was really annoying, so BoltBait deleted it. I should probably read rule #13 of the forum rules.

I wonder if you realise just how dangerous it is to use a Proxy server?  They are NOT a great idea to use and you can read all about it here.  Also, they may not be good for the forum either.

Entering the internet to surf is like sitting at the table to eat - whatever appeals to you is at some stage deemed harmful.  (Katzenfreund)

Informative article, even if it would exaggerate the risk of free proxies as it aims at selling VPN. Probably most illegal activities are committed by users rather than operators of proxies and that’s why I think many such proxies are supplied by authorities like the FBI for monitoring purposes, what is known as “honey pots”.

My opinion is that, though proxies are indeed more dangerous than people think, and that included me, if you’re suitably careful, as you should always be on the web, their use in the right circumstances overweighs their potential risk.

Different from normal free proxies and probably safer is the more convenient, if equally slow, Tor. I’d advise you to use that.

It looks like we're back to a fairly normal footing with the forum. Many of the users who had access issues have been able to log using their usual methods. Suggest you drop the proxies and try accessing the forum in your normal manner.

I keep having to log back in every few minutes :/

BREtKQW.png

... must live next to 'em spammers :lol:

Nice to have you back Zagna and Sasha! Unfortunately some users are still reporting intermittent problems logging on.

Please be patient if you're struggling to log on.

No problems logging on here, just blocked (forbidden) altogether.

On the bright side, proxies now continue to function and don't need renewal every so often, which is almost as good as direct access.

OK, thanks for the feedback, I'm currently working on a dampened down version. Hopefully my IP will be accepted then. :)

Your sig is hypnotic Katzenfreund - good work ! B)

(though I do go a bit dizzy) :lol:

A favorable comment from an accomplished top expert is a compliment much valued. And particularly welcome, since I was afraid it was too loud and irritating. But being hypnotic should have a desirable pacifying effect in our stressful times. :)

EDIT: Deleted some extraneous script that crept of its own in the message. First time this happens to me.

Edited by Katzenfreund

To some it's too loud and irritating, specially with multiple posts in a row. It makes me bypass what you wrote just to get it off the screen.  It might also be very irritating to someone with epilepsy or some other similar disease. But hey, who am I to complain, I'm usually one of the minorities.  If everyone started using these in the forum I would be out of here for sure.

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Well guys, the highly respected Red Ochre found it hypnotizing (hence soothing) and his opinion has a lot of weight for me. It’s not flashing or even blinking, just going round, which is a common view in real life. Are you irritated when you see a rotating wheel of any vehicle or machine? If it were against the rules, a mod would have told me.

But your views are also taken into account.

Anyway, I put some work in it, so I’m leaving it for another day or so, then I’ll try something milder, I’m working on it right now. But it will still be going round. A circle is the perfect figure and rotation the perfect motion.

I feel things are off topic now, but I wanted to say that I like Katzenfreund siggy. It's very creative and fun. Good job and nice work making it Katzenfreund!
However, if others are going to insist, perhaps a slower version? And, well, if you can't have your pic as a siggy, maybe at least have it in your gallery (if you have one). :)

On Topic --
I'm so happy to see more people are being able to log back in now. There are like three different places where the issue is being talked about or was brought up, so the status of things and the conversation is a bit scattered. Hopefully things are close to being resolved for everyone now though.

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles