How to Install Plugins ×

TR's Brush Strokes v1.0.6.+ (Jan 13, 2015)

OK,that was a good Idea too.

Thanks TR.

I know nothing about coding so it is easy to have good ideas. I can not even run the programs on my dishwasher that is why my sink will never run out of fashion. :D

So this is my next idea: a litle secret of artist to enhance the relief of their paintings is to add some transparent varnish. The varnish makes the painting glossy and makes the impression left by the bristles of the brush more evident thus increasing relief. So do you think it is possible to add some DIGITAL VARNISH to the plugin?

Edited by Eli

So this is my next idea: a litle secret of artist to enhance the relief of their paintings is to add some transparent varnish. The varnish makes the painting glossy and makes the impression left by the bristles of the brush more evident thus increasing relief. So do you think it is possible to add some DIGITAL VARNISH to the plugin?

Eli - I believe this is called a hat trick - 3 goals

Version 1.0.5+ adds a texture simulation to the image 

Ready for Download

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

@Techno - congratulations on your Award win :D .  And ................ I finally got to play with this new plugin of yours..  I took so long to play, because of being locked-out (spam) and I had to move to another country to get back on jumpy.gif  

This is a really fun plugin and gives lovely soft results.  I thank you mucho ;) .

1_zpsd859d56b.png

• Upvote 4

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

- Pixey: I like your "painting". Is it a souvenir from your old country? What is the weather like in Florida?  :D

- TR: Is it possible to render the effect without shifting the entire canvas? Can something be donne to respect transparent areas? Blending modes?

Version 1.0.6+ available for download

v.1.0.6 centers brush strokes around original pixels

Is it possible to render the effect without shifting the entire canvas? Can something be donne to respect transparent areas? Blending modes?

Shifting can do.

Transparency - since it's a bristle function it's a little more complicated. but not impossible - still looking into it.

Blending Modes - not sure how to incorporate that as part of this type of effect.

• Upvote 1

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

Thank you @TR for the compliment and for the newest version too - downloading now :) .

Thanks @Eli - the photo I used does look like it was taken in the UK, but I know that these Ice plants grow in South Africa as well.  I had them in my garden in The Isle of Mann but they became so unmanageable that I had to get rid of them :lightning: .

The weather here in Florida is just perfect, and a nice change from the island which is pretty cold at this time of the year smiley-sick004.gif

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I started by adding Reticulation effect to the picture.

Duplicated the layer and used Brush Strokes on both layers changing the direction of the strokes for each one.

Blended and then merged the layers and finally used Sharpen+.

I think that Reticulation and Sharpen+ made it look less flat. Changing direction of the strokes and blending created a more realistic brush effect.  :)

And framed it with TR's Paste Frame.

Edited by Eli
  • Upvote 1

Fun plugin to play with. Great work TR 

http://leif-j.deviantart.com/art/Painted-sunrise-507472099

Private photo
4 Layers 
Combination of Oil Painting effect and Brush Strokes effect.
Texture of canvas added on lowest layer. 
A little fine tuning after that. 

• Upvote 1

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.