How do you create a font gif?

I'm a newbie to Paint and I want to create a line of text to place on a webpage. I would like to just have the text so that when I paste it to the webpage, only the text is visible and that there is no box around it but rather the webpage's background. I've searched this forum and can't seem to find anything specific to what I want to do and I'm not understand the process of using the Magic Wand, Layers, and possibly this Alpha Mask plugin.

Can you please tell me what to do?

Thanks,

Brad

If you want it to look really good, enter the text and save it as a PNG. If you save it as a GIF, it wouldn't look good because there aren't too many colors.

EDIT:

My "chart":

sladfjk.png

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Oh. To do it the fastest, Press Ctrl+A, then press Delete. You should now see a checkard background. That is the transparent stuff. Now select the text tool, select the font, font size, and anything else you want to customize, then type. Ta Da! You now have text in a transparent background!

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

I know what your talking about as I have seen it before. Let me guess you can see your a light blue that is also see through right ?

Your using IE also and it not IE 7 right ?

In my HTML class at college a guy had this problem were his transparent images had a light blue background to them. We tryed to fix it but could not. I went home and made an image my self with a transparent background and uploaded it to one of my websites. Image background was transparent and looked ok. When I got back to college and upload the page the transparent background was light blue.

We found that all computers had this problem were there clone's. We belive the problem is with an older version of IE. If you are using IE then make sure your updated to IE 7 (IE 7 looks like FireFox). If that don't work try FireFox.

It not Paint.NET or the image it is your web browser.

No problem... save as "GIF" instead of "PNG". Problem solved.

(Compatibility--Just one more reason idiot fan-boys can shut the hell up about PNG being superior to GIF. :D )

You know, in your original post title, you asked about "GIF" and then saved in "PNG" format... Could have saved yourself a lot of time :roll:

PNGs have a higher quality, but take more space. GIFs have a much lower quality, but is sooo much smaller. If your just using one color, then I'd guess it's okay to use GIF. If it were a picture or something with a gradient, save it as PNG. Note that GIFs have only one transparent color while PNGs have as many as it wants.

EDIT:

Comparison_of_JPEG_and_PNG.png

That's why I'm a PNG fan-boy.

Note that GIFs have only one transparent color while PNGs have as many as it wants.

To further elaborate, every pixel in a 32-bit PNG has an alpha value that determines how transparent it is. The first 24-bits are for the standard red, green, and blue -- and then the last 8-bits tell the application how much to mix that color with the pixel that's already on screen. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_compositing

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg