Argyle Plug-In (??)

Anybody got a plug-in that does argyles?

It's basically a square/rectangle repeat with a quadrilateral diamond in the middle.

It would need the ability to have the diagonal lines in "color A", the diamond in "color B", and outside the diamond in "color C".  That way, when it repeats the pattern, everything lines up.

Plus, it would be nice to have an anti-aliasing option so the lines don't "bleed".

Edge

How about an image to demonstrate?

Google is my friend :)

How about this plugin pack? Tesselation combo

Oh there is someone who likes to design socks ;-)

I would use Boltbait's Grid Maker plugin to create the checkerboard first and in a second step the line grid. Then rotate all by 45 degrees.

Or maybe Boltbait would add this feature to the plugin by changing the checkerboard checkbox to radiobuttons (grid,checkerboard,argyles) and adding a third color.

midoras signature.gif

I drew a large diamond inside a square and used the Seamless Texture Maker to obtain a pattern with 4 smaller diamonds. Drew two diagonal lines, added some color. Then I used Boltbait's Fill From File.

argyle-p07-48ffbd8.png

argyl-large-48ffbf0.png

Edited by Eli

• 1 month later...

Oh there is someone who likes to design socks ;-)

I would use Boltbait's Grid Maker plugin to create the checkerboard first and in a second step the line grid. Then rotate all by 45 degrees.

Or maybe Boltbait would add this feature to the plugin by changing the checkerboard checkbox to radiobuttons (grid,checkerboard,argyles) and adding a third color.

I finally got around to trying this out.  And I must say, I like the texture maker plug in as a starting point.  I think that it would take some playing around to get the grids to match up the way I see them in my head, but that's do-able.  The problem I have is that as soon as a rotate the thing 45 degrees, the edges of all the diamonds start blending , no matter if I use pixelated or anti-aliassed.  And I can't use 3rd colors (yet) to fill in if that happens because then the image looks all blurry in certain places.  So I have to hold that one at bay for now.

Think I need to try the seamless texture maker.....(or at least try to find it....) :)

Edge