How to Install Plugins ×

Parallel Lines and Patterns

midora

Does anyone have a copy of the v1.6 zip?

Thank you! Added link to zipped DLL to the first post.

• 1 month later...

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\ParallelLines.Effect.dll
      Name: OptionBasedEffects.ParallelLinesEffect
      Version: 1.6.0.575
      Author: Martin Osieka
      Copyright: © 2014-2015, ComSquare AG, Switzerland
      Website: http://forums.comsquare.ch/viewforum.php?title=Paint.NET Tools
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Drawing2D.GraphicsPath.AddBeziers(PointF[] points)
   at OptionBasedEffects.LinePaths.CreateSineWavePath(Single len, Single period, Single amplitude, Single splitPercent)
   at OptionBasedEffects.ParallelLinesEffect.RenderRectangle(Surface dst, Surface src, Rectangle renderRect)
   at OptionBasedEffects.ParallelLinesEffect.OnRender(Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:line 98
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RenderWithClipMask(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 170
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderTile(EffectConfigToken token, Int32 tileIndex) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 150
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderNextTile(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 142
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 239
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 418
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 374
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 320
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass42_4.<RunEffectImpl>b__2() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 964

It's happened to me multiple times.

Edited by Woodsy

57 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

So, nobody has a clue why this happens?

Based on the stack trace you posted, I would guess that the number of points (x,y  points) the plugin is trying to use for a bezier curve is invalid.

So, a programming oversight.  i.e.  The number of points ought to be validated before trying to render a bezier curve with them.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 9 months later...
38 minutes ago, xod said:

Repro:

1. Choose Orientation tab
2. Reference Scale -  Factor : move the slider to minimum value or near
3. Apply

Yup.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '0.25' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.

Hopefully @Martin Osieka will come back to the forums sometime, and fix the past few reported crashing bugs.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, I have read all of the pages for this plugin. I'm not a software writer, so, if the stuff that was written on the first page was something to do with what I'm going to ask about, and all that code writing that went with it, that part lost me. However, this is a very cool plugin and at the bottom of it, one has an option to "LOAD" what looks like an .xml file. Can we convert our created .xaml shape files to .xml to load more cool shapes into it? Can it be rewritten for the menu to load .xaml files from the shapes folder? How do we get more .xml files to load to it for adding more design patterns like the Christmas tree he added?

• 3 weeks later...

So, I didn't read every post on every page on this thread but I did skim over them. I didn't see anything about this so I'm going to ask about it. When I use this plugin, using 300 dpi, I wanted to make a sheet full of parallel vertical lines. Every time I do, kind of near the center, is always this noticeable rectangle. I guess to get rid of it the only solution is to copy and paste a cut out of a squared normal area, do my best to try to line it up and put it on top of the lone rectangle, to hide it? It's 12" x 12" at 300 dpi.

Can't we get rid of that rectangle that's kind of near the center of the paper? The lines I make are not fat/wide. They are thin.

Hey, thank you very much. I appreciate that. You're awesome! and if you celebrate Christmas, Merry Christmas....and if you don't, I still wish you good thoughts.

I love this plugin <3 Been printing out A3 sheets of graph paper for D&D games. Cheers Martin.

If I could make a suggestion it would be to add dimetric ( 1 : 2 ) lines, ( opposed to Isometric 1 : 1 ). Don't know if anyone but me would use it though.

Anyhoo, thanks again.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hi there. I'm hoping that you can help me with this plugin, which I love and used all the time. The plugin no longer shows up in my render folder, since I installed a PDN upgrade maybe about 6 months ago. I have tried removing the files from my effects folder and copying new versions in multiple times, and it hasn't helped.  (I read somewhere that this might help, on a post that was looking at a lot of plugin errors following that upgrade.) I also can't see anything about it not working in my plugin errors.

I'm not very techy (the cross one bears from working in corporate all my life, where you have an IT dept. to take care of most issues!), so I really hope that someone can help and use plain language to explain what I need to do. 🤞 ☺️

(Sorry, I think I've posted this question in the wrong place. I misunderstood what I read in the guidelines. I've now reposted this question in what I hope is the right place.)

Edited by AllegedStuff
Explaining possible incorrect location for this question - as there isn't a delete option!

1. Update to the latest version of Paint.NET. (Currently paint.net 4.3.7)

2.Don't copy the two files 'OptionBasedLibrary vX.X.dll/.dlc' to the Paint.NET\ folder

Instead Copy the two files 'OptionBasedLibrary vX.X.dll/.dlc ' to the Paint.NET\Effects\ folder.

Hi Rie. Thanks for your reply. I always upgrade as soon as I'm prompted, and am on version 4.3.7. I also followed the instructions in the plugin's zip file, which advise:

Copy the two files OptionBasedLibrary vX.X.dll/.dlc to the Paint.NET\ folder (NOT to Paint.NET\Effects\ !!!) A typical location is "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET".
Copy the two files 'ParallelLines.Effect.dll/dlc' to the Paint.NET\Effects\ folder. A typical location is "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects".

i have also reposted my original question here: 

which is hopefully the right place to ask for help. ☺️

Just an update to say I'm going to try the effect folder for the OptionBasedLibrary files. I didn't realise that you were giving me advice to override the instructions in the plugin's zip file.

It worked! Thanks so much. 😊👍 

Edited by AllegedStuff

• 10 months later...

WOW! This plugin is GOLD! Just discovered and installed it in v.5.0.12 and as far as I can tell it works perfect.

Much love to the developer for this incredibly useful work of art!