Easy re-size Suggestion

I have been using PDN for about three years now and i think that could be easier to re-size the work field. Maybe when you click "crop to selection", if the selection if bigger than the image, it would expand to that size. I think it is too difficult to figure out the correct pixel size to change the image size to.

Edited by KeyOfMoon

scz1xu.jpg

Section bigger than the image? I think that happens on few occasions such as when you paste a huge image that is bigger than the canvas size in which you are prompted if you want PDN to adjust the canvas size for you. Another is if you move the selection's resizing handles with the Move selection tool...

External workspace? You mean the gray space beyond the canvas edges? I think there are good sides to that and somebody suggested that before.

Section bigger than the image? I think that happens on few occasions such as when you paste a huge image that is bigger than the canvas size in which you are prompted if you want PDN to adjust the canvas size for you. Another is if you move the selection's resizing handles with the Move selection tool...

External workspace? You mean the gray space beyond the canvas edges? I think there are good sides to that and somebody suggested that before.

Well, i know how to make the image bigger :P

But let's say that you have an image and you want to expand it to twice it's size.

You would just make the selection bigger and click "crop to selection." This would make it expand, but only because the selection is bigger.

Edited by KeyOfMoon

scz1xu.jpg

Why not Image > Resize (Ctrl + R), select "By Percentage" and type in 200%?

In this instance, "Cropping" means to cut something off (the original).  Having the crop action actually enlarge something is counter-intuitive IMHO.

Of course the other option is to make your selection and then activate the Move tool :MoveTool:  Click and drag the corner nubs to expand/shrink  the selection.  Hold Shift while dragging to keep the height/width ratio the same.

Why not Image > Resize (Ctrl + R), select "By Percentage" and type in 200%?

In this instance, "Cropping" means to cut something off (the original).  Having the crop action actually enlarge something is counter-intuitive IMHO.

Of course the other option is to make your selection and then activate the Move tool :MoveTool:  Click and drag the corner nubs to expand/shrink  the selection.  Hold Shift while dragging to keep the height/width ratio the same.

I must have not clearly enough given my explanation. i just believe that instead of cropping to selection, imagine.... Change size to selection.

scz1xu.jpg

Try this: Press M to get your move selected pixels tool ready, Ctrl+A to select all, Resize by dragging a corner nub, Ctrl+Shift+X to crop to the newly resized image

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

That (M, Resize, Ctrl-Shift-X) doesn't seem to work for me - the canvas remains the same size showing a portion of the expanded image. (4.0.3 4.3.531640022)

I should have specified: it only works for downsizing the image. You still have to use the "Resize image" window to make it larger.

EDIT: also, update your version of paint.net. The most current version is 4.0.5

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo