Space Effect

Hi guys ive been using paint.net for a little while now,i mainly use it for putting new designs on trucks on Euro truck simulator2,what i was wondering was how would i go about showing my gaming community name coming out of like a black hole in a 3d effect.

Oldgamerz is the gaming community im with but i want to put a design on one of the trucks to show Space and planets to go with Elite dangerous coming out........could anybody help please or what plugins would u recommend.

Many thanks 

Pauly

A single image demonstrating a movement effect like the one below or more like an animated one?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KkKhCV-wVNg/UZNxP-vk22I/AAAAAAAAGDw/AEJ0pk5TWik/s1600/Enterprise+Warp.jpg

If it's something like the image shown, then you would want to use the motion blur effect.

Essentially it would go like this:

Background layer of your "black hole"

2 layers of your community name with transparent background on each.

Apply the motion blur on the middle image of the community name using the direction toward the black hole.

If you wish, you can adjust the transparency of the middle layer as well to let the background bleed through a little more.

Black Holes!

First thing first, some physics to explain them (it makes things easier to create, for me anyway).

Black Holes aren't 'holes'. The idea is when a star collapses, it's gravity is so strong and compact into a space so small that it creates what's called a singularity.

So I am going to firstly find a space image.

This one I found just googling "Ultra Deep Field". I'll stick that into PDN. Obviously reducing the image's size since it's so large.

I'll name this layer 'Starfield'.

Because the gravity of the black hole is so strong, it even pulls in light. This means it's completely black (hence the name) so on a new layer, I literally just put a large black circle in the middle of it. 

There's this certain physics term called Hawking Radiation, which we are not going into, but basically it means black holes radiate. To show this, I'm just going to put a very faint white glow behind it. 

There are multiple ways to do this, the easiest would be to duplicate the circle's layer, and on the bottom one you invert colours (Ctrl+Shift+I for short), apply a Gaussian Blur of about 5 or 6, then lower the opacity to around 100. You can play with the colours of this using the Colour Filter plugin.

I would suggest centering both of these circles using the Align Object Plugin.

That's pretty much it; but one more thing.

With gravity, you have something called Gravitational Lensing. It basically warps the light passing by it and even galaxies can alter it, as seen here:

Black Holes also do exactly the same thing. So to recreate this we will need the built-in Twist plugin. 

Select your Starfield layer and apply the Twist effect. You can really do whatever values you want in this instance but I chose Amount/Driection: 60.28 and Size: 1.

Now you're pretty much done. Final image:

Other space tutorials:

Planets/Moons

Exploding Planets by Papercoin

Making a Moon by pdnnoob

Advancedish Planet V2 by Mr.Bobert

Stars

Starscapes by Sharp

Solar Atmosphere by Drydareelin (me)

Sun Tutorial by jerry533482

Other

Making a Galaxy by Celestrial 

Galaxy Tutorial by jerry533482

Wormholes by Zatharath

Spacescapes: Comets by CosmicPainter

Hope this helped.

Edited by Drydareelin
  • Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

Black Holes!

First thing first, some physics to explain them (it makes things easier to create, for me anyway).
Black Holes aren't 'holes'. The idea is when a star collapses, it's gravity is so strong and compact into a space so small that it creates what's called a singularity.

So I am going to firstly find a space image.
This one I found just googling "Ultra Deep Field". I'll stick that into PDN. Obviously reducing the image's size since it's so large.

I'll name this layer 'Starfield'.

Because the gravity of the black hole is so strong, it even pulls in light. This means it's completely black (hence the name) so on a new layer, I literally just put a large black circle in the middle of it. 
There's this certain physics term called Hawking Radiation, which we are not going into, but basically it means black holes radiate. To show this, I'm just going to put a very faint white glow behind it. 

There are multiple ways to do this, the easiest would be to duplicate the circle's layer, and on the bottom one you invert colours (Ctrl+Shift+I for short), apply a Gaussian Blur of about 5 or 6, then lower the opacity to around 100. You can play with the colours of this using the Colour Filter plugin.

I would suggest centering both of these circles using the Align Object Plugin.

That's pretty much it; but one more thing.
With gravity, you have something called Gravitational Lensing. It basically warps the light passing by it and even galaxies can alter it, as seen here:

Black Holes also do exactly the same thing. So to recreate this we will need the built-in Twist plugin. 
Select your Starfield layer and apply the Twist effect. You can really do whatever values you want in this instance but I chose Amount/Driection: 60.28 and Size: 1.

Now you're pretty much done. Final image:

This was a good tutorial. Here's a black hole I made, but I used Polar Inversion, so that it shows the circular Event Horizon, the point of no return, around the black hole. It seems more realistic to me.

aWmLhPk.png

I also noticed the Hawking Radiation isn't really faint.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...