Adjusting size of text/title in image

Jackk

In my attached file, I need to make it so that the title goes over the image, but the blank space is not there, so only the text is on top of the image. I know it's quite simple but after a quick search I couldn't find how, so help would be appreciated :)

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Added descriptive thread title.

If you're using plain text, simply use the text tool to retype it on top of the background

If you have something special that you are copying and pasting, it'll be some more work and the easiest method will depend on the images you are using. I can't see the attached file either, so like Dryda said above, try posting a screenshot of the problem

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Welcome to the forum Jackk!

I've edited your thread title for you.  It's a requirement of our forum that thread titles be descriptive.  This helps others when searching for information within the forum.

Ok kind of forgot about this post, but I agree my original post was unclear, was kind of in a rush. So Here is a link, so that it actually works.

http://img5.picload.org/image/codpcrd/map_empires.png

Hoping the above link will work. As you can see, I want to make the background to the "Crusader Empires" Overlay disappear, with only the letters as the overlay. The background of the text was not originally white, but the grey and white squares of a clear background, but the screenshot changed that for some reason :/

Hi Jackk (don't call out that name on a plane :) )

You can use the magic wand to click on the white background and play with the tolerance level until you get close to the letters, then hit delete on your computer.

To clean it up use the Feather Plugin and the AA's Assistant .

Good Luck :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

The background of the text was not originally white, but the grey and white squares of a clear background, but the screenshot changed that for some reason :/

What do you mean the "Crusader Empires" text originally had a transparent background? If the original image already has a transparent background, then all you have to do is go find the original image on your PC, and re-insert it, but make sure it's on it's own layer.

And by the way, yes, screen shots do not keep transparency. You would want to save the image as a png, not save a screen shot of the image.

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

but make sure it's on it's own layer

HEAVY emphasis on this part.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Adjusting size of text/title in image