Request - repair / adjust file associations post install.

urbanriot

Great program! I'm a reseller and have Paint.Net installed on every system that goes out the door.

This may have been asked but I was unable to find a thread with this information - Post install I've discovered a number of files still open with other programs when using the Edit command (such as TIF with Windows Paint) and I'd like to know if it would be possible to incorporate a feature post install that allows you to adjust file associations for the open and edit command. Open is easy but changing Edit is a little more difficult and most people have an image viewing program seperate from their edit program.

If there is already a simple way to do this, please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Or...

Right-click on the picture, "open with", select Paint.NET, and check the buton that says "Always use the selected program to open this type of file".

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Well actually, when I click edit, it opens in pdn. Maybe I changed a setting without knowing it... Nah. I did a full system restoration a week ago.

BTW, you don't have to type "regedit.exe". Just type "regedit".

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb