Keyboard shortcuts?

I'm just learning Paint.Net and so far its a super application. I couple of things are frustrating in comparison with Microsoft Paint. Specifically, there are keyboard shortcuts for "stretch" and "image properties", CTRL+W and CTRL+E respectively. These appear to be mapped to something completely differently in Paint.NET.

Is it possible to edit the shortcuts? I can't even see them anywhere to view. It would be nice if there was an option to "use the Microsoft Paint shortcuts", if any of the developers are reading this.

Thanks and regards,

Alain

Hi. :)

Sorry, but I don't think there is a way to customize shortcuts. The shortcuts are part of the programs coding and I think they might primarily mirror photoshop's shortcuts, and that's only if they even are mirroring another program. Also, with so many more features in paint.net vs Microsoft paint, the shortcuts will naturally be spread around differently.

You can see most of the shortcuts here :
http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/KeyboardMouseCommands.html

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Given that Paint.net's equivalent operations are not exactly the same as MS Paint's tools, it would be unreasonable to make a "use MS Paint shortcuts" option. Even the two that you mention don't have perfect matches in the Paint.net interface. Inevitably, if Paint.net mimicked MS Paint shortcuts, there will be confusion among MS Paint users looking for features and not finding them where they "normally" are. ("normally" is in quotes because MS Paint is really low-bar to be used as a standard for image-editing software)

Also, Paint.net is not in any way meant to be a copy of MS Paint. It's more of an alternative to Photoshop and GIMP. So it makes sense that the shortcuts are not much like Paint.

I don't know if there are any plans to add a shortcut editor, but as far as I can tell (maybe I missed something), Rick has not indicated any plans to add such a feature.

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo