Paint Eraser Problem in 4.0.3..Is it a bug?

Ash111

Hello Guys,

I have combined six pictures into a New Paint file, using "Paste into a new layer" option. After saving, I re-opened the saved picture. In the second step, I used eraser, with both Primary and Secondary color option set as "White". After editing, now I am getting black lines on my white background. I did many things but failed. I am using paint since last 6 months, but its the first time I have faced this problem.

During erasing, I can see clearly the white/grey marks, but after saving things are different rather than a complete white.  

Thanks

Ash

Hi Ash, let's clarify a few things

I have combined six pictures into a New Paint file, using "Paste into a new layer" option. After saving, I re-opened the saved picture.

What format did you save to? PDN,PNG JPG? Was the picture in layers when you opened it? 

In the second step, I used eraser, with both Primary and Secondary color option set as "White". After editing, now I am getting black lines on my white background.

Erasing exposes the layer below the current layer, or transparency if it's the bottom layer. Colors would not affect the eraser. Was black a color in the layer below the eraser?

During erasing, I can see clearly the white/grey marks, but after saving things are different rather than a complete white.  

Where the white grey marks in a pattern - this may mean you've exposed the transparency image.

but after saving things are different rather than a complete white

Did you save to a jpg format. Saving to a format that doesnt support transparency would change all that transparency to white.

Post Edit:

If you want to erase to white put a white layer under the working layer. Or use the paintbrush.

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

Sounds like you might have anti-aliasing artifacts. Try turning anti-aliasing off in the Tool Bar.

@TechnoRObbo..Dear i combined all these figures, in an new file, which was completely white........After adding text, when i done...i tried to save it in PNG...also in TIFF..in both cases i got the same problem. I did not check antialiasing @Ego, might be the problem. 

How about uploading the file so we can try and diagnose the problem?