Number of 'reps' per day - discussion.

One or two members have asked questions about the 'reps' (reputation points) that can be given out.  They are explained here http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/27768-rep-points-how-to-vote-for-a-post/

Currently, forum users with a status of 'Member' have a maximum of  five reps a day that they can give out. I'm assuming here that day actually means a 24-hour period.

Is five enough?  Want more?  How many?

Oh it's 5 a day! :/ ;)
When I publish a new plugin it would be useful to award reps to all those that have taken the time to try the new plugin and post an image. Often I can only do that for the first few posts - especially if I have awarded reps to other threads previously.

The overall number of reps seems fine, it's just being able to use them when needed.

Perhaps we should be allocated a certain number of reps per week?
(Or perhaps that would only move it to a weekly problem if we haven't rationed our allowance?)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

For me, it's not the 5 a day, it's when the next day comes and you only have three more because 24 hours have not elapsed since you gave out the last 2. It's confusing. You don't know when they're available or how many you have. Maybe, give them out at my midnight or give us a counter.

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

Midnight is a local phenomena.  My midnight is Red's noon (GMT+12 hours give or take daylight saving).

A counter sounds a great idea.  "You have [5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0] reps available".  I have no idea if this is do-able.

• Upvote 1

and/or a timer till your next available rep point

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I agree. I think a larger allocation would also stop a lot of the 'out of points' issues.

My preference is for 8 or 10.

Isn't that called 'Quantative easing'? :lol:

If more reps to give out means more forum activity then that's good.

There are some posts (help I've been given, outstanding plugins etc.) that I would love to award more than one rep to. Can't think of a soloution other than to 'rep' other posts by the same user. :/

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg