Blue Screen Crash After Opening Paint.NET

Nai

Hi !

My netbook got crashed and was sent for a fixing job. I re-installed Paint.NET and plugins ( that survived the crash ) and things gone so weird right after the re-installation.

Blue Screen Crash happened for three times, strangely on each time Paint.NET was opened.

With this post I included the diagnostic results from two incidences happened before the third one.

Any opinions ?

Thanks !

post-136545-0-55103600-1411200561_thumb.

post-136545-0-47890500-1411200590_thumb.

Edited by Nai

ba2ec8c.png

What if you go into Settings (gear icon at top right) and disable Hardware Acceleration?

My bet is there's something spooky with your video card driver. You might try updating it.

• Upvote 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

What if you go into Settings (gear icon at top right) and disable Hardware Acceleration?

My bet is there's something spooky with your video card driver. You might try updating it.

Thanks Rick !

We have the same thought about the video card driver. I believe that the driver software ( that was re-installed during post HDD re-formatting process, according to the first time when someone just bought a new netbook ) can't support Paint.NET 4.0 needs anymore. I've done the update via Windows Update and also disabling Hardware Acceleration. And it's hits the bull-eye perfectly.

I re-ran Paint.Net after the update and waiting for about half an hour to see if that blue phantom showing up again. And no blue phantom showing up even after several hours. Before the update, it's takes about 10-15 minutes to show up.

Since each incidence offering a chance for us to learn something and sharing it is caring, I attached the screenshot showing the things that needed on Windows Update part. Hoping that everyone can get benefits from what had happened to me.

Note : The netbook is about 4 years old.

post-136545-0-31406500-1411258743_thumb.

ba2ec8c.png