Color Replacer

Crazy Man Dan

Well, as nearly as I can tell, the Recolor tool replaces the Background color with the Foreground color on Left-click, and the Foreground color with the Background color on Right-click. How nearly the color has to match before it is replaced is determined by the tolerance slider.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Well, as nearly as I can tell, the Recolor tool replaces the Background color with the Foreground color on Left-click, and the Foreground color with the Background color on Right-click. How nearly the color has to match before it is replaced is determined by the tolerance slider.

That's right. It doesn' precisely replace the colors, however, because pictures rarely contain solid blocks of precisely the same color. This shifts from the source color to the destination color, preserving small amounts of luminosity in the color transformation. The result? Recoloring a picture of something like a face can be done in such a way that preserves the shading of the face while replacing the hue (see help file for example pic).

This post is made "AS IS" without warranties and confers no rights.