Edit text

In paint.NET text is made as part of a bitmap picture. Meaning, you can’t edit it like in a text editor. You have to erase it with the eraser tool, and write some new.

My advice to you is to keep your text in a separate layer. This will make editing easier.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

In here I will start documenting all of the popular feature requests and possibly status on them. If a feature you want is in this list, do not make a new post asking for it again. Your thread will be locked and/or deleted. The fact that the feature is on the list means that we have heard everyone's requests and pleas: the point of this list is to reduce duplicate and redundant forum traffic. Also, if a feature is on this list, it does not necessarily mean we will be adding it to Paint.NET.
Ability to re-edit text, or "text layers", or some variation thereof -- This an enormous work item due to other plumbing that must be in place to enable it. This falls into the "yes I agree, and hopefully we'll have it someday." No ETA.

I hope the feature will come in 4.0...

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb