How to Install Plugins ×

Gears - released 22/08/2014

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been using PDN for two years, and just had to replace my computer. I've downloaded PDN and the nine most popular plugin packs. However, I can't find plugins in your pack, such as squircles, furblur, psychocolor and the other items listed in your download. I use squircles and gears all the time when I create puzzles to post on Jigidi. I'm saving the packs to c:programfiles/paint.net/effects (or whatever the exact path is). PDN is turned off when I do this. I've tried downloading your plugin pack three or four times, with no success. I've even tried to download psychocolor individually, to no avail. Can you please help me? Thank you. Gail

[Two hours later: I found gears in Iterative Lines.]

Edited by GailEllen

Glad you found it, Gail!

The Submenu is shown in the first post of all the effects I've published and also in the pack thread.

The more recent effects, including 'gears' haven't been added to the pack yet but there are links to the individual downloads at the bottom of the first post in the pack thread. (link in my 'sig').

I'm glad you are finding my effects useful and welcome to the forum too. ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Psychocolour should be under the Color submenu, Furblur under the Blurs submenu, and Squirkle should be located under the Render submenu. Check again. Sometimes one may get lost in a sea of plugins and perhaps they're right there and we don't see them... or it has happened to me this way ignat_01.gifJC_shakehead.gif

derisive.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Squircles is not in Render, but is in Iterative Lines for some reason.  No Furblur or Psychocolor where they're supposed to be, or anywhere else.  I used to have them and knew where to find them, but they're nowhere I can see.  I don't have a lot of plugins, so no issues about them getting lost.  Before downloading any new ones, I wanted to download the ones I had before switching computers.  Would someone possibly be interested and have the time to do a remote share on Team Viewer if I can't figure it out? I'm disabled and don't have any computer help.  My computer and PDN are my lifeline to the outside world for entertainment. The only other person I know who uses PDN is my friend Rainiqui (I know she's written to you), but she's in Canada and I'm in Florida. Thanks very much for your help, Red Ochre and Maximilian.

Gail,

Can you double check the '.dlls' are in the Effects folder (not accidently in the Filetypes or other folders)?

Maximilian is correct about where the effects should be found.

I cannot see how 'Squirkle' could have moved from 'Render' to 'Iterative lines'?

If you can take a screen shot of your Paint.NET/Effects folder and post a link to it here that may help to work out what the problem is.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Hi Red, I spoke with Rainiqui just now and we checked where your plugins were.  Under PDN/Effects, there was a folder for your plugins (PDN/Effects/RedOchre....).  I moved everything from there into the main PDN/Effects folder, and voila! they're all there now.  Whew!  Thanks so much for your help.  Do you accept donations, or does it goes into the PDN general fund? If so, I'd like to make a donation to you.  How would I do that?  I live on disability, so it wouldn't be much, more a token of my appreciation for the amount of enjoyment you've given me.  I have a PayPal account. 

PS to Maximilian: It wasn't Squircles that was in Iterative Lines.  It was Gears. I think you misread what I had written. But thanks anyway.

Edited by GailEllen

Gail - that is a really kind offer and a touching compliment, thank you! :) :) :)

I don't have a Paypal account and do not ask for any contributions.
Creating plugins can be very satisfying (sometimes frustrating) and getting positive feedback is very rewarding too. ;)

• Like 1

PdnForumSig2.jpg

If it's the thought that counts, that's fine with me.  Just know that I appreciate your and everyone else's efforts in making PDN a wonderful program.  I know what you mean about feedback.  My puzzles generate a lot of positive comments, and I know it makes me want to continue spending many hours creating them.

• 2 months later...

I've finally brought myself to use this plugin for an actual project. Seems quite appropriate to coin... coins :) I hope they look more or less realistic:

@Oh Maximilian! Very goog work. Yes, I like the image. vya4fhbe.gif

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

This plugin is simply brilliant.... 

No, this wasn't 100% PDN, but I must give credit where credit is due. I used this plugin in PDN to make the gears. Then I converted them to paths in InkScape. I then imported those paths into blender to make this animation.

file.php?id=35833.gif

• Like 5

69unju0.gif