Colored lines - could be my error - but self-resolved anyway

Consider this rhetorical, for the record, even if its a freak glitch. If this was already mentioned, or if it was due to some unknowing error of my own, by all means delete this. But for the record:

I have Win XP + SP3 + 2gb RAM.

Today I was using line-draw to re-color the outline of a capital-letter (and also recolor within the letter), after having used the Gradient to "shine lite onto a pool".

Anyway, the colored-rays wound up spilling over onto the adjacent outlined text.

...which is why I resorted to recoloring using line-draw. (Probably crude, I know, but besides the point.

...the point is, that it was not recoloring.

I tried a few times - also checked that I was on the right layer (even flattened the layers).

So I gave up and self-resolved my issue by attempting to freshly reset everything:

• saving it as JPG,
  • then opening it into IrfanView
  • then again saving via Irfan to Desktop as JPG
  • then exiting paint.net cold-turkey
  • then opening the Irfan-saved jpg into a freshly-opened paint.net
  • whereupon coloring in the lines became fully functional

I'm most comfortable with Advocates of Transparent RepairCare (vs. Stealthcare) no matter their graphic expertise.

blind_plight_minipic.jpg

Glad you found a solution Minni.  The Recolor Tool can be a bit tricky to learn.  Without seeing you image or system, it's difficult to explain what the issue was.  Could you have had a selection active?

Glad you found a solution Minni.  The Recolor Tool can be a bit tricky to learn.  Without seeing you image or system, it's difficult to explain what the issue was.  Could you have had a selection active?

Ego, thanks! Regarding an active selection, I don't quite recall, but its highly unlikely because by now I'm more or less "reconditioned" to be alert to the quirks which selections impose.

BTW, it was not the "recolor" tool, but rather, as stated above, I was recoloring using the line-draw tool. The Recolor tool was contraindicated in this instance anyway, for the reason that the Gradient's effect caused the Text-letter to become a non-uniform color.

Aside from that, I mentioned elsewhere that a well-rated "recolor"  tutorial on youtube failed to work for me. (That particular scenario was a case of having used Paintbrush to change the black background surrounding an object (to yellow) leaving a sorta rough-black outline still surrounding the object. So I was trying to change the rough-black outline to yellow, using the Recolor tool, but as I said, even though I step-by-step followed the video's instructions, it did not work for me. And yes, I'd ensured the image was flattened.

Edited by minni

I'm most comfortable with Advocates of Transparent RepairCare (vs. Stealthcare) no matter their graphic expertise.

blind_plight_minipic.jpg