Is there any plugins that you can edit texts like photoshop?

GetSporked

I've always been jealous how my friends can only select a few letters in photoshop and change there font but the rest of the word be a different font.  Oh, and is there a plugin you can edit a text in a pdn without having to create a whole other layer and type up the text again.

I'm thinking about that but I don't have a job so that's pretty hard to get 400 dollars.  Anyways are you even allowed to suggest to get photoshop :o

We always suggest Photoshop to people who cannot seem to accept that paint.net is free, and not actually Photoshop.

Agreed.  While paint.net cannot do a lot of tricks that Photoshop can, it's a wonderful and very powerful piece of software.  

Please consider donating (via the paint.net website) to support it's continued development :)

I've always been jealous how my friends can only select a few letters in photoshop and change there font but the rest of the word be a different font.  Oh, and is there a plugin you can edit a text in a pdn without having to create a whole other layer and type up the text again.

If you keep a .PDN file of your work with layers intact as much as possible you can do anything you like to the text. 

Even so there is this: >

I realise your post said that you did not want to type up the text again or create a new layer, however, to harness the power of a program, you actually have to do some work. Even with Photoshop, which is much harder to use, you will still need to do some work.

I hope you try out these suggestions & make your friends envious with your PDN powers :P

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

For paint.net, it's true that it does not have text that you can edit. But, you can often achieve the same looks of edited text manually.

• Add a new layer :AddNewLayer: . Type your text in a font you like.
  • Add another new layer :AddNewLayer: , type your text in a different font anywhere on the canvas. Some fonts sizes vary, so you might need to change the size to make it appear closer to the same size as the text that's on the lower layer.
  • Zoom in on the text and lower that layer's opacity, then select the text with the “Rectangle Selection Tool” :RectangleSelectTool: , and then use the "Move Selected Pixels Tool" :MoveTool:  to move the text over top of the lower layer's text as best you can, but don't expect a perfect alignment yet. If needed you can use the arrows on your keyboard to help you position the text.
  • Now select the part of the text that you don't want, and delete it.
  • Click the lower layer that has the other text. Select the part of that text that you don't want and hit delete. IF the two different fonts are overlapping or misaligned a little, you can select one of the texts and move it till you like it.

( If you have questions or if you need pictures added to understand better, let me know. :) )

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles