Sign in to follow this  
user24

Adding nubs to lines - possible?

Searched the forum and the help (:shock:) but couldn't see a way to make a curve with more than 4 nubs. How do you guys draw more complicated curves? Do you just use a whole bunch of lines?

First, learn how to right click on the nubs to turn it into a Bezier curve.

Second, be happy with 4 nubs.

And if that doesn't work, just realize that complicated curves may require more than one line.

thanks, I did know about the bezier curves, but I've not played with them much. It was just a little wonder I had rather than a gearing up for a feature request ;)

The Bezier curve is a wonderful thing. I use it all the time. But it took some time before I found it.

I often have to make several lines after each other. But I think it would bee very confusing if it had more then 4 nubs.

Maybe something else to make it easier to join the next line to the one recently made?

I hope they add the ability to make more nubs, this is possible from dialog boxes already such as the adjustment graphs (histogram), so i don't see why not. Besides connecting 2 lines is a pain it is very difficult to get them to line up correctly since they are curved.

I am not a code guy, but here is a suggestion as to how a new feature might work.

Place the curser over one of the end nubs of the curve.

Pres a hotkey. – This temporerely stores the position of that nub.

Pres enter. – Finiching the line.

Now the next line is started at the stored position. (The exact end of the previously made curve) This making it easier to make two (or more) joined lines.

Or this, if posible.

yes! that'd be awesome - a 'snap to' feature for lines.

I'm in the group of people that didn't know about the feature. If I knew about it before, my life would have been so easier! I could use this to make fonts!

Now the next line is started at the stored position. (The exact end of the previously made curve) This making it easier to make two (or more) joined lines.
see the problem is that still is hard is that the lines are rectangles. So two rectanges touching=not a connected line exactly. This is a problem working even with a line manually

see the problem is that still is hard is that the lines are rectangles. So two rectanges touching=not a connected line exactly. This is a problem working even with a line manually

I know. I have connected a lot of lines.

Maybe the end of the line has to change into a half circle, using this feature.

Maybe the stored value has to be the center of that half circle. I have done it manually so many times.

But I don’t know if it is even possible to write that kind of code.

I'm in the group of people that didn't know about the feature. If I knew about it before, my life would have been so easier! I could use this to make fonts!

So did I think when I descoverd the Bezier curve.

But then, I could have read the f****** help file. :oops:

It's 2019, and apparently, Paint.net still doesn't support drawing a line with angles and more than two internal controls nubs.

Surely, I'm not the only one who needs to draw this kind of thing? I had to draw five independent lines.

2B06507C-C865-4920-9D2E-E2BA3330B019.png

Edited by littlebigman