Rate the sig of the poster above you!

Tendercrisp

How do I do it?! Just variations from the tutorial I sent you! I just add more and more and more... I was going to put the text on the left side, but it didnt look good at all, so the spoiler was the next place, glad you like it! :D

As for your sig, I think its a great start. The grill needs to be worked on and I still think there is too much black on the left side. The colors are fantastic and the effects are great! 7.5/10

(rate stone please)

• 2 weeks later...

Stone: The effects aren't that great and I dislike the use of colour in the sig. At first I thought it was a car from the Disney film Cars because the effect makes the side mirror and its duplicate look like a pair of eyes. It's not bad but it could be better. 7.2/10

Other than the Zoom Blur, there isn't anything that ties the background and the render. Your colour scheme isn't really interesting either. You should try to add some more C4D's and let them overlap the render slightly. Choose a point or area where you want people to look at when they first see your sig(that point is called the focal point), and erase/move the C4D's and effects so your focal is visible.

You should work on the text, as well. The font isn't that good; try to use one that isn't very stylish and detailed, because they take the focus out of your render. Use a simpler font instead. Try to avoid blending modes as well (Overlay in particular) or at least use them scarcely. Placing your text is hard. Try to put it close to your focal point, but not too close.

So, overall decent sig. 5/10

5/10...It basically just using the tutorial for that type of sig...NOTHING wrong with that....quite that contrary....That's how we learn. But, next time, try to make it your own. For example, on my sig, yes, it's basically the line sig, I played around with some stuff and made it different. ^_^ Good luck!! Also, try blending in your lettering. It just kind sits there.

Rate: my current b/c I don't feel like posting another....lol

@Sharp: [rated 2nd] colours arn't bad but the overlaying image dosn't seem to work on the left side of the sig. 7/10. i like your current sig better

@chriso97: the blending is great and the angles of the car and the c4d's add nice perspective. 9.5/10

it needs a border and if there is one i can't see it. it also seems to be lacking the blending and it seems to be a lot of just the character, background and unblended c4d's. don't get me wrong, it looks great, but unless you drew it then im afraid it's only a 7/10 (9.5/10 if you drew it)

next person rate my current and yy10's sig

• 2 weeks later...

@SHarp: the grey in the top right and the overly noticable colours in the bottom left are ruining an otherwise mostly nice sig. 7/10

@chrisco97: brilliant sig,, love it. 10/10

below rate this image and chrisco's :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:

jbtribb.png

I didn't really like this is the sig battle, but...It's grown on me. I'm gonna give it a 8/10. The balls remind me of the Buckyball things someone was talking about on the Christmas thread. =D

Rate my current please. It's still a work in progress though. I'm not sure what else I can do with it other than add some sort of border. =/ And yes, the car is totaled. And yes, I was driving it. ;)

Archived