Sign in to follow this  
Tendercrisp

Rate the sig of the poster above you!

7/10, great blending, nice flow, nice lighting, but its hard to make out the render at first glance. Kinda dull to me, most of the sig is blurred.

My newest hackjob: (didnt have any brushes, updated PC, so not my usal flow)

Crossroad_Blunt_Sig.png

Um, i am not the biggest fan of Metroid sigs but yours is nicely executed. I give it a 8.5/10, it blends well and the backgound is cool, has color but not so much that it is annoying and the render and background match and so yeah.

Mine is just a new ARMY ACU background one i made. (ACU is the background camo)

Nice idea, and the camo background looks nice, but do something more with it, it seems A little bland. 7/10

cool idea but maybe add some blur to the back of the shoe, or smudge it, and add a border great idea though right now it s a little bland though. 7/10 could be 9/10 with some work.

Well, yours has already been rated. If my opinion matters any (lol, it shouldn't, I mean look at my sig), I would say it's one of the better ones I've seen 9.5/10.

I just wanted to post this new one I came up with. Only took me about an hour--probably still needs work.

render2tiff.png

@sharp, great idea. Perhaps add flames to the tip of the shoe (as shown in the 'ad' in your gallery).

8/10, simplistic, but...idealistic? Original.

@Chazz, not a particularly awe-inspiring outcome but a fairly decent signature to say the least. If thats a real photo, I' m sure you can do better than that (if you use a stock, might as well go for the max). Something different perhaps. If its mostly PDN than very good, but more could be done. 7/10 from what I am thinking.

(If that was too harsh my rating system is the overall outcome as well as the work put into it. Most signatures deserve a 5/10 for the effort put into it, then the remaining for how the outcome shows. At least thats how it seems most ppl rate, I rarely see something less then 5/10 unless it is unusually distasteful. BTW, if the above post seems unintelligible or simply ridiculously (im)proper, its cuz its 5 a.m. in the morning and I am about to go to bed.)

I really enjoyed making this one:

Forsaken_Angel.png

Wow this one looks good! 9.5/10

Here are some sigs I made by using tutorials on this website. I've just recently started using Paint.net so I'm still just watching tutorials.

polar_12.jpg

crazy_10.jpg

pyroch10.jpg

I made the last one myself a while ago:

killzo10.jpg

Don't rate me too low ok? :oops:

1)Impressive.

I give it an 8 out of 10.

2)I'm not a fan of work like that, but for an abstract, it's quite nice. Maybe if the colors were different I'd give it a higher rating, but I'm going with a 6/10.

3)I have to go with a 7/10.

4)I like the intense look/feel of this one. It looks intimidating just to see it. Nice render too. 7/10.

@ Skull Splitter,

A few basic tips.

The sizes of your signatures should always be below 450 width and 150 height (or at that size itself). Its the general dimensions for forums and making them larger can mess with the layout, as well as be removed by a mod.

Your signatures are saved as a .jpeg, when you make a signature its best to save it as a .png. Saving in different formats will lose a lot of detail from your images.

Tutorials arent simply based from this site, google photoshop tutorials, and you can simply try to make an outcome from that tut. using PDN. Get a general idea of what you like doing most, and stick with it. Dont be afraid to try new things or spend a couple hours playing around with it. Some people think those hours are wasted but generally you come away with a little more experience then when you began.

Keep trying.

@Jos_h20,

Nice outcome, try something different though. Its always good to change it up. Maybe clouds with the ripped texture over it, should prove interesting. Original, nice idea, give it a solid 8/10. The text needs some work though.

:D Thanks for the tips. These sigs weren't really intended for use on this site just to try the tuts out.

It's amazin what you can do with paint.net and I'm discovering new possibilities almost every day.

JosH20: You're sig is really good but I agree with KING that you should change the font.

You guys are prob going to think me dumb for saying this, but unless you didn't make the signature,

they should ALL be at least 9/10. Screw flow and focal, text, etc. If EVERY sig needs that, then every

sig would be practically identical! Then it wouldn't be a signature, now would it? Just a stereotypical

image. I'm not saying this is a bad thread, it's a really good idea! But come on guys, Stop looking for stuff that's missing, and

look for stuff that's makes their sig stand out from the rest! :twisted:

@SkullSplinter. Like I said before, as long as you made it, it's a good 9/10. I like that design, and i like the stuff you put at the edges.

It really looks good, but I would have chosen a different color scheme for the rest. (That's just my opinion.)

Next person rate SkullSplitter!

You guys are prob going to think me dumb for saying this, but unless you didn't make the signature,

they should ALL be at least 9/10. Screw flow and focal, text, etc. If EVERY sig needs that, then every

sig would be practically identical! Then it wouldn't be a signature, now would it? Just a stereotypical

image. I'm not saying this is a bad thread, it's a really good idea! But come on guys, Stop looking for stuff that's missing, and

look for stuff that's makes their sig stand out from the rest! :twisted:

@SkullSplinter. Like I said before, as long as you made it, it's a good 9/10. I like that design, and i like the stuff you put at the edges.

It really looks good, but I would have chosen a different color scheme for the rest. (That's just my opinion.)

Next person rate SkullSplitter!

Hehe, I half-heartedly agree with that. Flow, focal, these things look good with certain sigs and dont with others. My current signature doesnt have a particular focal (a couple that I see) but its one of my favorites currently. Thats just what the critics look for anyway, like if someone put a ton of work into an image and it came out looking like bloody potato, they can at least say it has a good flow and focal too it. Not every render is gonna be amazing, so its the details to look at.

SkullSplinter, 10/10, I really enjoy not having to rate anything. Hehe.

NEXT PERSON RATE SKULLSPLINTER!

No, I didn't mean not to rate at all, I just mean that every sig should be related on difference not how they fit these certain requirements and blah blah blah...

Next person rate scull crusher! (Or splitter...)

No, I didn't mean not to rate at all, I just mean that every sig should be related on difference not how they fit these certain requirements and blah blah blah...

Next person rate scull crusher! (Or splitter...)

I meant because he didnt have a signature (still doesnt).

Anyway, next person rate SkullSplitter unless he still doesnt have a sig.

Thanks for the ratings :D My new sig is a ripoff of the Helio "Ignite" sig and I also copied the wrapped glowy line tutorial

I'll put it here in case I change my sig soon:

helio_10.png

I like how it came out but I think the font could be better. Any ideas?

Oh and Mineoman: I really reeeaaalllyy like your sig. 11/10! I saw your tutorial and I plan to use it sometime when I get a good background to use :D