Rate the sig of the poster above you!

I love the planets and the lighting and collision details, 007 Nab. 9.5 / 10

The one I'm using here is super simple, literally whipped up in under a minute. I usually make sigs for different sites, so here are a couple of my faves that I can get my hands on super quickly.

Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I'm by no means a pro user, and I tend to keep 'em simple. I'd probably give myself a 2 for creativity and a 3 for execution. I've done more sophisticated stuff, so perhaps one day soon I'll pop in with something a little better. :wink:

16740_374ee57e003f69e660c9c9fe5c52471b

16740_a8629a209506b294417c1eada7385a34

16740_e86a87740d3817aaf34f83ed75eb1f2a

Do you use drop shadow, or gaussian blurring for these texts? DO you have more than one blur layer (that's what it looks like to me)
Let's see...dreadfully simple, really, I'll try to keep this short. :D

Layer 1 - background - any color, texture, image

2 - Text in another color; gaussian blur level 5-14 (depending on size and how much shadow I want).

3 - Overlay text, usually the same color as background, either centered or offset a little from original text.

I usually use a different layer for each line of text, so the two-line ones (like the red one above) have 5.

I do that even when I don't need to in case I need to move/replace something later. :wink:

I don't often use other blurs for this, though I have with good results (radial, zoom) especially with longer words or lines. A similar effect can be acheived with glow but I find it depends on the colors/shapes involved. So I usually stick to gaussian blur. I don't even think I've tried drop shadow yet. I'm pretty much a noob at this. :D I only just got the gaussian-plus plugin so I'm eager to experiment with that.

I did this one with a simple no-color noise, green text, glow, and using the same noise on the top text layer. Very simple, but it works. (These square-ish ones are phone screens so they can't be too busy as they have icons over them.)

16740_ee3a022fa42bb281cb81fcd5d8cdb002

Well I'm glad you've been able to figure all of this out for yourself - keep going nad you'll be creating really great effects in no time!

P.S.

We have ridiculously similar methods :wink:

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!